When it comes to custom ROMs, there is one name that is on the top of the list. That is CyanogenMod. But, as Cyanogen announced that they are stopping their services, every CM fan was concerned about the future of CyanogenMod. Even some said that CyanogenMod is dead. But, then came the news of Lineage OS. We came to know that Lineage OS will retain the legacy of CyanogenMod. So, the Lineage OS was formed to continue the CyanogenMod ROMs but with different names. Today, a new post on the official Lineage OS blog reveals that the official Lineage OS Builds are making their way to over eighty devices this weekend.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OFFICIAL LINEAGE OS BUILDS
If you think if your device is supported or what is the criteria for your device to be supported, then here is what the blog post says:
- The build roster is ever growing, but we are supporting Marshmallow and Nougat capable devices. We’ll list the 80+ devices in a separate post.
- Our release cadence will be ‘weekly’ by default (to be kind to all the donated hardware).We will NOT be shipping root baked into the ROM.
- Root will be a downloadable zip based install similar to apps installation (only need to flash it once).
- Home builders that want to bake SU back into the ROM can use the command ‘export WITH_SU=true’ before building.
- Our official builds will all be signed with a private key for authentication and signature permission control. This will not break, prevent or stop any ‘unofficial’ builds.
- Key verification info can be found on the wiki Verifying Build Authenticity page
This means that if you are running Marshmallow or Nougat ROMs i.e., CM 13 CM 14.1 builds, your device is supported. But, you might be concerned about the data that you have on your phone. So, the experimental Data Migration builds will also be provided along with the Lineage OS builds. You can then freely switch to the Lineage OS builds once you are running the experimental Data migration builds. Well, it’s finally coming and to keep yourself updated, make sure to regularly check out the ‘Downloads’ page of Lineage OS.
VIA: LINEAGE OS BLOG
Like DroidHolic on Facebook
Screen protector confirms a tall 21:9 display on the Sony Xperia XZ4
A couple of days back, the spec sheet of Sony Xperia XZ4 leaked, and it revealed some unique specs like...
5G Variant of Samsung Galaxy S10 has six cameras in total
Next year in February, Samsung is launching the Galaxy S10 lineup that is expected to feature S10 Lite, S10 and...
CEO Jerry Shen resigns as Asus shifts focus to power users & gamers
2018 was a great year for the smartphone division of Asus. The company launched phones in every price segment, and...
Huawei Nova 4 press renders leaked, 48MP main camera confirmed
Samsung is the first to announce a phone with a display hole for the front camera, and Huawei is the...
MediaTek Helio P90 announced with 2nd Gen APU & IMG PowerVR GPU
As expected, the MediaTek Helio P90 was announced in China today, and this chipset comes with some huge improvements over...
MediaTek Helio P70 vs Snapdragon 660 – The battle of the mid-rangers
MediaTek Helio P70 is already here, and we have Realme U1 as the first smartphone featuring this chipset. But, how...
Vivo NEX Dual Display Edition has triple cameras & two screens
Nope, it’s not the NEX 2 or 2nd Generation Vivo NEX. The company launched its latest NEX-series phone named Vivo...