When it comes to custom ROMs, there is one name that is on the top of the list. That is CyanogenMod. But, as Cyanogen announced that they are stopping their services, every CM fan was concerned about the future of CyanogenMod. Even some said that CyanogenMod is dead. But, then came the news of Lineage OS. We came to know that Lineage OS will retain the legacy of CyanogenMod. So, the Lineage OS was formed to continue the CyanogenMod ROMs but with different names. Today, a new post on the official Lineage OS blog reveals that the official Lineage OS Builds are making their way to over eighty devices this weekend.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OFFICIAL LINEAGE OS BUILDS
If you think if your device is supported or what is the criteria for your device to be supported, then here is what the blog post says:
- The build roster is ever growing, but we are supporting Marshmallow and Nougat capable devices. We’ll list the 80+ devices in a separate post.
- Our release cadence will be ‘weekly’ by default (to be kind to all the donated hardware).We will NOT be shipping root baked into the ROM.
- Root will be a downloadable zip based install similar to apps installation (only need to flash it once).
- Home builders that want to bake SU back into the ROM can use the command ‘export WITH_SU=true’ before building.
- Our official builds will all be signed with a private key for authentication and signature permission control. This will not break, prevent or stop any ‘unofficial’ builds.
- Key verification info can be found on the wiki Verifying Build Authenticity page
This means that if you are running Marshmallow or Nougat ROMs i.e., CM 13 CM 14.1 builds, your device is supported. But, you might be concerned about the data that you have on your phone. So, the experimental Data Migration builds will also be provided along with the Lineage OS builds. You can then freely switch to the Lineage OS builds once you are running the experimental Data migration builds. Well, it’s finally coming and to keep yourself updated, make sure to regularly check out the ‘Downloads’ page of Lineage OS.
VIA: LINEAGE OS BLOG
Nubia Red Magic 5S teased, coming with Snapdragon 865+ SOC
With Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ now official, we are going to see many gaming phones launching in coming months. In fact,...
Oppo unveils 125W Flash Charge, 65W AirVOOC & more
Oppo went all out today with charging technologies as the company launched a whole lineup of Flash Charge that includes...
Realme C11 launched in India with Helio G35, priced at Rs 7,499
On June 30th, Realme C11 launched in Malaysia with specs including a MediaTek Helio G35 chipset, a 5,000mAh battery, dual...
Google Pixel 4a appears on the Google Store, launch imminent
It is not a secret anymore that Google Pixel 4a is launching soon & we have got a ton of...
[UPDATE – Launch Date] Redmi Note 9 launch in India teased by the company
UPDATE (13/07) – Redmi Note 9 is launching in India on July 20th In March this year, Redmi launched the...
Oppo’s 125W Fast Charging technology to be unveiled on July 15th
It won’t be wrong to say that when it comes to Fast Charging technology, the Chinese smartphone makers are doing...
OnePlus BE2028 with Snapdragon 690 SOC spotted on Geekbench
OnePlus NORD is launching on July 21st, and we already know that the phone features Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G 5G chipset....