When it comes to custom ROMs, there is one name that is on the top of the list. That is CyanogenMod. But, as Cyanogen announced that they are stopping their services, every CM fan was concerned about the future of CyanogenMod. Even some said that CyanogenMod is dead. But, then came the news of Lineage OS. We came to know that Lineage OS will retain the legacy of CyanogenMod. So, the Lineage OS was formed to continue the CyanogenMod ROMs but with different names. Today, a new post on the official Lineage OS blog reveals that the official Lineage OS Builds are making their way to over eighty devices this weekend.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OFFICIAL LINEAGE OS BUILDS
If you think if your device is supported or what is the criteria for your device to be supported, then here is what the blog post says:
- The build roster is ever growing, but we are supporting Marshmallow and Nougat capable devices. We’ll list the 80+ devices in a separate post.
- Our release cadence will be ‘weekly’ by default (to be kind to all the donated hardware).We will NOT be shipping root baked into the ROM.
- Root will be a downloadable zip based install similar to apps installation (only need to flash it once).
- Home builders that want to bake SU back into the ROM can use the command ‘export WITH_SU=true’ before building.
- Our official builds will all be signed with a private key for authentication and signature permission control. This will not break, prevent or stop any ‘unofficial’ builds.
- Key verification info can be found on the wiki Verifying Build Authenticity page
This means that if you are running Marshmallow or Nougat ROMs i.e., CM 13 CM 14.1 builds, your device is supported. But, you might be concerned about the data that you have on your phone. So, the experimental Data Migration builds will also be provided along with the Lineage OS builds. You can then freely switch to the Lineage OS builds once you are running the experimental Data migration builds. Well, it’s finally coming and to keep yourself updated, make sure to regularly check out the ‘Downloads’ page of Lineage OS.
VIA: LINEAGE OS BLOG
Like DroidHolic on Facebook
Realme 2 with a notch & fingerprint scanner shows up on official site
At the end of July, Realme announced that it is now a standalone brand. Also, Oppo’s Vice President (Sky Li)...
List of phones getting Android Pie Update (Android 9)
Google announced Android Pie on August 6, and as expected, the Google Pixel devices were the first to get updated...
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 with Snapdragon 845 benchmarked on Geekbench
On August 22, Xiaomi will launch its first smartphone under the new sub-brand ‘Poco’, and this is going to be...
Oppo teases dual aperture camera on the Oppo R17 Pro
Oppo recently announced the R17 and it is the world’s first smartphone to feature the all-new Snapdragon 670 processor and...
Oppo R17 – World’s first phone featuring Snapdragon 670 & Gorilla Glass 6
Oppo and Vivo are probably the only companies that have showcased some futuristic phones this year like the Oppo Find...
These HTC phones are getting the official Android Pie Update
Android Pie is already official, and we are now getting details of which phones will get the sweet slices of...
Xiaomi’s Poco F1 is launching in India on August 22
After capturing the budget smartphone market in India, Xiaomi is now looking for the flagship segment. We have not seen...