When it comes to custom ROMs, there is one name that is on the top of the list. That is CyanogenMod. But, as Cyanogen announced that they are stopping their services, every CM fan was concerned about the future of CyanogenMod. Even some said that CyanogenMod is dead. But, then came the news of Lineage OS. We came to know that Lineage OS will retain the legacy of CyanogenMod. So, the Lineage OS was formed to continue the CyanogenMod ROMs but with different names. Today, a new post on the official Lineage OS blog reveals that the official Lineage OS Builds are making their way to over eighty devices this weekend.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OFFICIAL LINEAGE OS BUILDS
If you think if your device is supported or what is the criteria for your device to be supported, then here is what the blog post says:
- The build roster is ever growing, but we are supporting Marshmallow and Nougat capable devices. We’ll list the 80+ devices in a separate post.
- Our release cadence will be ‘weekly’ by default (to be kind to all the donated hardware).We will NOT be shipping root baked into the ROM.
- Root will be a downloadable zip based install similar to apps installation (only need to flash it once).
- Home builders that want to bake SU back into the ROM can use the command ‘export WITH_SU=true’ before building.
- Our official builds will all be signed with a private key for authentication and signature permission control. This will not break, prevent or stop any ‘unofficial’ builds.
- Key verification info can be found on the wiki Verifying Build Authenticity page
This means that if you are running Marshmallow or Nougat ROMs i.e., CM 13 CM 14.1 builds, your device is supported. But, you might be concerned about the data that you have on your phone. So, the experimental Data Migration builds will also be provided along with the Lineage OS builds. You can then freely switch to the Lineage OS builds once you are running the experimental Data migration builds. Well, it’s finally coming and to keep yourself updated, make sure to regularly check out the ‘Downloads’ page of Lineage OS.
VIA: LINEAGE OS BLOG
Asus ROG Phone 2 with 5,800mAh battery listed on TENAA
Just a few days are now left for the launch of Asus ROG Phone 2 in China & we already...
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 press renders reveal dual cameras & an S-Pen
When it comes to tablets, there are only a few brands like Samsung, Apple, Huawei, etc. that are still making...
Xiaomi Mi A3 Official with Snapdragon 665 & 4,030mAh battery
Xiaomi quietly launched the Mi A3 today in Spain & yes, all the leaks were correct. The “Pro” version was...
Redmi K20 & K20 Pro launched in India, price starts at Rs 21,999
Two months back in China, Redmi K20 and K20 Pro launched with some impressive specifications & pricing. Today, both the...
Xiaomi Mi A3 gets the unboxing treatment, everything confirmed
Xiaomi Mi A3 is launching tomorrow in Spain & so far, we have seen the official press renders as well...
Asus ROG Phone 2 with Snapdragon 855 Plus shows up on Geekbench
We already know that Asus ROG Phone 2 is going to be the first device featuring Snapdragon 855 Plus processor...
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 with Exynos 9825 visits Geekbench
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 series is launching officially on August 7 & so far, we know how the Galaxy Note...