When it comes to custom ROMs, there is one name that is on the top of the list. That is CyanogenMod. But, as Cyanogen announced that they are stopping their services, every CM fan was concerned about the future of CyanogenMod. Even some said that CyanogenMod is dead. But, then came the news of Lineage OS. We came to know that Lineage OS will retain the legacy of CyanogenMod. So, the Lineage OS was formed to continue the CyanogenMod ROMs but with different names. Today, a new post on the official Lineage OS blog reveals that the official Lineage OS Builds are making their way to over eighty devices this weekend.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OFFICIAL LINEAGE OS BUILDS
If you think if your device is supported or what is the criteria for your device to be supported, then here is what the blog post says:
- The build roster is ever growing, but we are supporting Marshmallow and Nougat capable devices. We’ll list the 80+ devices in a separate post.
- Our release cadence will be ‘weekly’ by default (to be kind to all the donated hardware).We will NOT be shipping root baked into the ROM.
- Root will be a downloadable zip based install similar to apps installation (only need to flash it once).
- Home builders that want to bake SU back into the ROM can use the command ‘export WITH_SU=true’ before building.
- Our official builds will all be signed with a private key for authentication and signature permission control. This will not break, prevent or stop any ‘unofficial’ builds.
- Key verification info can be found on the wiki Verifying Build Authenticity page
This means that if you are running Marshmallow or Nougat ROMs i.e., CM 13 CM 14.1 builds, your device is supported. But, you might be concerned about the data that you have on your phone. So, the experimental Data Migration builds will also be provided along with the Lineage OS builds. You can then freely switch to the Lineage OS builds once you are running the experimental Data migration builds. Well, it’s finally coming and to keep yourself updated, make sure to regularly check out the ‘Downloads’ page of Lineage OS.
VIA: LINEAGE OS BLOG
Like DroidHolic on Facebook
Huawei Mate 20 & Mate 20 Pro officially launched
Huawei just announced its much-awaited flagships today at an event in London. Like this year’s P20 Pro, the Huawei Mate...
Nokia X7 (Nokia 7.1 Plus) with Snapdragon 710 launched in China
After some leaks and rumors, the Nokia X7 was launched in China today, and it is most probably coming globally...
Nokia 7.1 Plus teased by the company, launching tomorrow
Nokia is on a launch spree this year as the company is launching phones after every couple of months. Just...
Asus will launch two new Zenfones in India on October 17
Asus launched two really interesting phones in India this year – Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 in budget segment and...
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro will launch in India in these variants
A couple of weeks back, Xiaomi announced the Redmi Note 6 Pro in Thailand with some minor upgrades from the...
Lenovo S5 Pro visits TENAA and Geekbench, design & specs revealed
On October 18, the Lenovo S5 Pro will be launched in China as an upgraded version of the Lenovo S5...
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 with RGB Lighting shows up in hands-on video
With the Global website of Xiaomi backed Black Shark going live, we are now sure that the company will soon...