As expected, Nokia launched some new smartphones today at an event in Moscow, but the much awaited Nokia X6 wasn’t announced globally at the event. We are sure that Nokia will be having another event soon for the device. Anyways, talking about today’s event, three new phones were announced that include Nokia 2.1, Nokia 3.1 and the Nokia 5.1. All the three are budget devices and the successors to the last year’s Nokia 2,3 and 5 respectively.
The Nokia 2.1 comes with some nice upgrades like the screen, processor, speakers etc. The phone is now taller, thanks to the larger 5.5-inch HD display. The aspect ratio is still 16:9. This time, Nokia took advantage of that free space on the bottom bezel and added stereo front firing speakers. The Nokia 2.1 is the first Android smartphone from the company to feature stereo speakers, and we hope to see the same on the upcoming Nokia devices. The phone is still made out of plastic, but this time, Nokia added some metallic accent and new colour combinations.
It is great to see a USB Type-C port on such a low-end device that is priced around $115. The performance is significantly increased, thanks to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 chipset, which is a huge upgrade from the Snapdragon 212 on the last year’s Nokia 2.
Here are the other specifications –
- 153.7 x 77.7 x 9.35 mm
- 5.5-inch 1280 x 720 HD Display
- 64-bit octa-core 1.4GHz Snapdragon 425 chipset
- Qualcomm Adreno 308 GPU
- 1GB LPDDR3 RAM and 8GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB
- 8 MP rear camera with AF and 5MP front-facing camera with fixed focus
- 4,000mAh battery (non-removable)
- USB Type-C Port, 3.5mm headphone jack, stereo front-firing speakers, Android Oreo Go Edition and more
- Color Options – Blue / Copper, Blue / Silver, Grey / Silver
Finally, talking about the pricing and availability, the Nokia 2.1 will go on sale in July at a price tag of $115.
The Nokia 3.1 is the upgrade to last year’s Nokia 3, and just like the 2.1, it comes with a lot of upgrades. First, the device has an 18:9 display and second, it is powered by the octa-core MediaTek MT6750, which is an upgrade from last year’s Nokia 3 with quad-core MediaTek MT6737. There is no fingerprint scanner which is something we expect on the device priced between $160-$200. Unlike the Nokia 2.1, the 3.1 has only a single speaker that is placed on the bottom, along with the USB Type-C Port.
Here are the Nokia 3.1 Specifications –
- 146.25 x 68.65 x 8.7mm
- 5.2-inch HD+ 18:9 display (1440×720), protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass
- Octa-Core 1.5GHz MediaTek MT6750N processor
- ARM Mali-T860 MP2 GPU
- 2/3GB RAM and 16/32GB e-MMC 5.1 Internal storage (Expandable upto 128GB )
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture & LED Flash
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 2,990mAh integrated battery
- USB Type-C Port, 3.5 mm headphone jack. Bluetooth 5.0, Android 8.0 Oreo Go Edition and more
- Color Options – Blue/Copper, Black/Chrome, White/Iron
Coming to the pricing, the 2GB + 16GB variant is priced at €139 or $160 and 3GB + 32GB variant at €169 or $200. The phone will go on sale in June.
Finally, we have the Nokia 5.1, an upgrade to the last year’s Nokia 5. The phone gets a big overhaul regarding the design, and it now has a premium aluminium unibody design with a clean back, thanks to the clean design of the Antenna Lines on top and bottom. The fingerprint scanner is placed on the rear, below the camera module. There is no dual camera setup. Just like the Nokia 3.1, the Nokia 5.1 has an 18:9 display with rounded corners. The single speaker is placed on the bottom, along with the USB Type-C Port. The headphone jack is on the top.
Here are the Nokia 5.1 specifications –
- 151.1 x 70.73 x 8.27 mm
- 5.5-inch Full-HD+ IPS 18:9 display, protected with the Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Octa-core 2.0GHz MediaTek MT6755S processor
- 2/3GB RAM and 16/32GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- 16MP rear camera with Phase Detection Autofocus and LED Flash
- 8MP front-facing camera
- 3,000mAh integrated battery
- USB Type-C Port, 3.5mm headphone jack, Bluetooth 4.2 and more
- Color Options – Copper, Tempered Blue, Black
The 2GB + 16GB variant is priced at €189 or $220 while the 3GB + 32GB variant is priced at €219 or $255. The Nokia 5.1 will go on sale in July.
So, what are your views on these new Nokia devices? Do you think they are priced well? According to us, Nokia again priced these phones way higher than expected. Do let us know your views in the comments section below.
OnePlus 8 Series launch set to happen on April 14th
Until now, we didn’t have any information regarding the launch date of OnePlus 8 Series, but now the company has...
Honor 30S launched with Kirin 820 5G SOC & Quad Cameras
Honor launched a new mid-range phone today in China named the Honor 30S. As the name indicates, it is the...
Samsung Galaxy M11 goes official with triple cameras
Samsung has quietly made the Galaxy M11 official as the device is now listed on the official UAE Website. As...
OnePlus 8 Pro camera specs revealed, has an IMX689 main sensor
The full specifications of both the OnePlus 8 & OnePlus 8 Pro have leaked already along with the official press...
Oppo Reno Ace 2 press render surfaces online, design confirmed
While the exact launch date is still a mystery, the launch of Oppo Reno Ace 2 might be just around...
OnePlus 8 press renders leak in all the color options
OnePlus 8 Series is launching next month on April 15th, and so far we have got a ton of leaks...
Oppo Reno5 series is launching as soon as in May
In December last year, we got the Oppo Reno3 series in China & later it was launched globally as well....