UPDATED TUTORIAL ON HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY VIA FASTBOOT ON ANDROID
Android is amazing, and most of us have no idea that we can do a lot of interesting things with it. We can flash custom ROMs, overclock the processor etc. So, it is not just a device to take photos and surf the web. Those who have done flashing and rooting stuff know how cool this is. Now, there are many terms that you need to understand when you are flashing a ROM or custom recovery. One of the most used terms is ‘Fastboot’.
For those who are not familiar with this stuff, let me explain what Fastboot/Bootloader means. Fastboot/Bootloader mode allows you to flash any partition on any Android device, like system, boot, cache, recovery. etc. With the help of fastboot/bootloader, you can also flash your custom built .img files. You can flash a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM on your device.
Now, TWRP recovery is a custom recovery for Android devices which is developed and maintained by TeamWin. TWRP lets you do tons of things on your Android phone which stock android recovery doesn’t allow you to do. For example, if you want to flash a custom Android ROM on your smartphone, you cannot do this via the stock Android recovery, so you have to install a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP. TWRP is the most popular and the recommended custom recovery for any android device. Sometimes, the TWRP recovery is not available for every Android phone, so you can get the unofficial TWRP recovery via XDA as that’s the best place to get anything related to Android.
Now, If you wish to install TWRP recovery via fastboot on your Android device, just follow the step by step guide. These steps will work for almost every Android device.
KEEP IN MIND – Samsung users have to use ODIN Flash tool to install TWRP recovery as you might get some issues if you try to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot on Samsung devices.
- The device should have an unlocked bootloader.
- The device should have more than 50% battery.
Warning : DroidHolic won’t be responsible for any damage occurred to your device. Do it at your own risk.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY VIA FASTBOOT
Now, let’s see how you can install TWRP via Fastboot and no need to think that this is going to be a complicated process as it is straightforward. We have tried our best to explain each step thoroughly so that you don’t get confused. Here are the steps –
1. Download and install USB drivers for your device on your PC or Mac. You can get them from the web easily so that a Google Search will help you in this case.
2. Download TWRP recovery from the button above. You will have to search for your device and then download the .img file of TWRP Recovery.
3. Setup ADB and FastBoot on your PC. If you aren’t sure about them, you can refer to the guide at XDA. CLICK HERE.
4. Once you’re done with that, Enable USB debugging on your device. For this, head to the settings of your Android phone and go to ‘Developer Options’. If you don’t see these options, then go to ‘About Phone’ and tap the build number 6-7 times. It will show ‘You’re a Developer Now’. Go back and then tap on ‘Developer Options’ and turn them ON. From the options, look for ‘USB Debugging’ and Enable it.
5. Open the folder where the .img file of the TWRP Recovery is saved.
6. Open a command window (Shift + Right click on an empty space) inside that particular folder. Now, click on the ‘Open Command Window Here’ option which will open it.
7. Next, connect your device to PC with a USB cable, and now, we need to enter a command that will boot your phone into Fastboot/bootloader mode –
adb reboot bootloader
8. Since the USB Debugging is ON, if the device asks permission to “Allow USB debugging”, click on “OK”.
9. Once the phone boots into the bootloader/fastboot mode, you have to type in the following command in the command window in order to flash the .img file of TWRP recovery –
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
10. Lastly, once TWRP recovery is flashed successfully on your device, type in the following command to reboot your device –
CHECK OUT: Best iOS Emulator For Android
And you are done! Now you have successfully flashed TWRP on your Android device. This was all about the steps to Install TWRP via Fastboot on Android in straightforward steps. We hope this tutorial helped you. If you come across any problems, do notify us by commenting down below. Have a Good day.
Realme 5 Pro official with Snapdragon 712 & Quad Cameras
Realme launched two phones today under the Realme 5 Series – the Realme 5 & the 5 Pro. Now, we...
Realme 5 official with Snapdragon 665 & Quad Cameras
Realme 5 series launched in India today & there are two new phones, the 5 and 5 Pro. Realme 5...
Redmi Note 8 Pro real device shows up on the camera
Redmi is going to launch its 4K 70-inch TV in China on August 29 & there are maximum chances that...
What can you expect from the Redmi 4K 70-inch smart TV?
The Chinese Tech Giant Xiaomi is now expanding their feet in the TV market after getting a massive success in...
Nokia 3, 5 6 & 8 will receive an additional year of quarterly security patches
HMD Global recently announced some serious news about the software updates for Nokia devices. All the Nokia devices are powered...
Realme 5 Pro hands-on image reveals rear-facing fingerprint scanner
A couple of days are now left for the launch of Realme 5 series & if you don’t know, the...
Oppo Reno 2, Reno 2Z & Reno 2F pricing & specs leaked
On August 28, Oppo Reno 2 series is launching in India & unlike the first-gen Reno, the launch will first...