With Android Pie, Google introduced Gesture Navigation and the Google Pixel 3, and Pixel 3 XL feature the same. Unlike other phones with Android Pie, you cannot disable the Gesture Navigation to bring back the old navigation button. Now, some may like this approach, but there are a lot of users that didn’t like this move from Google.
Thanks to XDA Developers, now we have a way to Disable Gesture Navigation on Google Pixel 3 and bring back the old Navigation Buttons. If you are wondering about Root requirement, then no need to worry since the method to disable Gesture Navigation doesn’t require Root access.
DISABLE GESTURE NAVIGATION ON GOOGLE PIXEL 3/PIXEL 3 XL
Note – You’ll need a laptop or PC with ADB set up on it. Also, you need to have any custom launcher on your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL apart from the default Pixel Launcher.
- First, Install any custom launcher on your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL. Keep in mind that after doing all the steps, you won’t be able to use Pixel Launcher again. You will need to sideload the Pixel Launcher apk, but that’s pretty easy, right?
- If you don’t know how to set up ADB on your PC or Laptop, then here is a helpful step-by-step guide by XDA.
- Assuming that it’s done, connect your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL to the PC or Laptop. Then, open Command Prompt or Powershell window in the ADB Folder. You can do that by Pressing “Shift + Right Mouse Button” in the ADB Folder and then opening Command Prompt or Powershell Window. When it opens, you need to enter some commands.
– For Command Prompt enter
– For Powershell Windows enter
– For macOS or Linux Terminal, enter
- Now, you need to uninstall the default Pixel launcher from your Pixel 3 or 3 XL. For that, enter this command –
pm uninstall -k –user 0 com.google.android.apps.nexuslauncher
- Well, it’s time to enable the Navigation buttons. Enter this command –
settings put secure system_navigation_keys_enabled 1
- Finally, reboot your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL by entering the command –
Once your Google Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL boots up, you will see the old Navigation buttons on your device. Now just the buttons, this method also enables the old style recent apps. That was pretty easy, right?
In case you want to re-enable the Gesture Navigation, then simply sideload the Pixel Launcher apk (From APKMirror) and once installed, reboot your phone. Once it boots up, you will see the Gesture Navigation.
So, this was all about how to Disable Gesture Navigation on Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL. Again, all credits to XDA Developers for this method.
HTC Desire 20+ launched with Snapdragon 720G for TWD 8,490 ($295)
Back in June this year, HTC launched two phones in the Taiwanese market named HTC U20 5G & the HTC...
Xiaomi unveils 80W Mi Wireless Charging technology
2020 has been a really amazing year when it comes to fast charging in smartphones. In July, Oppo unveiled the...
Huawei Mate 40 Pro press renders leaked ahead of the launch
Just a few days are now left for the launch of Huawei Mate 40 Series that includes at least four...
PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate 40 RS rear panel & camera specs leaked
On the 22nd of October Huawei will unveil its Mate 40 Series & like every year, we are also getting...
Samsung Galaxy S21 (Galaxy S30) – Here’s our first look at its design
Samsung usually unveils its Galaxy “S” series flagships every year in the first quarter & we don’t think the company...
Redmi K30S launching in China as a rebranded Xiaomi Mi 10T
The Xiaomi Mi 10T Series has already launched in the global market, but surprisingly, Xiaomi hasn’t yet launched these phones...
Realme X7 & X7 Pro launch in India teased by the company
Last month, the Realme X7 Series launched in the Chinese market featuring the Dimensity chipsets. It looks like Realme is...