With Android Pie, Google introduced Gesture Navigation and the Google Pixel 3, and Pixel 3 XL feature the same. Unlike other phones with Android Pie, you cannot disable the Gesture Navigation to bring back the old navigation button. Now, some may like this approach, but there are a lot of users that didn’t like this move from Google.
Thanks to XDA Developers, now we have a way to Disable Gesture Navigation on Google Pixel 3 and bring back the old Navigation Buttons. If you are wondering about Root requirement, then no need to worry since the method to disable Gesture Navigation doesn’t require Root access.
DISABLE GESTURE NAVIGATION ON GOOGLE PIXEL 3/PIXEL 3 XL
Note – You’ll need a laptop or PC with ADB set up on it. Also, you need to have any custom launcher on your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL apart from the default Pixel Launcher.
- First, Install any custom launcher on your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL. Keep in mind that after doing all the steps, you won’t be able to use Pixel Launcher again. You will need to sideload the Pixel Launcher apk, but that’s pretty easy, right?
- If you don’t know how to set up ADB on your PC or Laptop, then here is a helpful step-by-step guide by XDA.
- Assuming that it’s done, connect your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL to the PC or Laptop. Then, open Command Prompt or Powershell window in the ADB Folder. You can do that by Pressing “Shift + Right Mouse Button” in the ADB Folder and then opening Command Prompt or Powershell Window. When it opens, you need to enter some commands.
– For Command Prompt enter
– For Powershell Windows enter
– For macOS or Linux Terminal, enter
- Now, you need to uninstall the default Pixel launcher from your Pixel 3 or 3 XL. For that, enter this command –
pm uninstall -k –user 0 com.google.android.apps.nexuslauncher
- Well, it’s time to enable the Navigation buttons. Enter this command –
settings put secure system_navigation_keys_enabled 1
- Finally, reboot your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL by entering the command –
Once your Google Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL boots up, you will see the old Navigation buttons on your device. Now just the buttons, this method also enables the old style recent apps. That was pretty easy, right?
In case you want to re-enable the Gesture Navigation, then simply sideload the Pixel Launcher apk (From APKMirror) and once installed, reboot your phone. Once it boots up, you will see the Gesture Navigation.
So, this was all about how to Disable Gesture Navigation on Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL. Again, all credits to XDA Developers for this method.
[UPDATE – More Specs] Asus ROG Phone 2 with 5,800mAh battery listed on TENAA
UPDATE – TENAA NOW REVEALED SOME OTHER SPECIFICATIONS OF THE ASUS ROG PHONE 2 So, there is a 6.59-inch AMOLED...
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro launching in China on July 30
When Qualcomm announced the Snapdragon 855 Plus platform, many smartphone makers hinted that they would be launching phones with this...
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 press renders reveal dual cameras & an S-Pen
When it comes to tablets, there are only a few brands like Samsung, Apple, Huawei, etc. that are still making...
Xiaomi Mi A3 Official with Snapdragon 665 & 4,030mAh battery
Xiaomi quietly launched the Mi A3 today in Spain & yes, all the leaks were correct. The “Pro” version was...
Redmi K20 & K20 Pro launched in India, price starts at Rs 21,999
Two months back in China, Redmi K20 and K20 Pro launched with some impressive specifications & pricing. Today, both the...
Xiaomi Mi A3 gets the unboxing treatment, everything confirmed
Xiaomi Mi A3 is launching tomorrow in Spain & so far, we have seen the official press renders as well...
Asus ROG Phone 2 with Snapdragon 855 Plus shows up on Geekbench
We already know that Asus ROG Phone 2 is going to be the first device featuring Snapdragon 855 Plus processor...