With Android Pie, Google introduced Gesture Navigation and the Google Pixel 3, and Pixel 3 XL feature the same. Unlike other phones with Android Pie, you cannot disable the Gesture Navigation to bring back the old navigation button. Now, some may like this approach, but there are a lot of users that didn’t like this move from Google.
Thanks to XDA Developers, now we have a way to Disable Gesture Navigation on Google Pixel 3 and bring back the old Navigation Buttons. If you are wondering about Root requirement, then no need to worry since the method to disable Gesture Navigation doesn’t require Root access.
DISABLE GESTURE NAVIGATION ON GOOGLE PIXEL 3/PIXEL 3 XL
Note – You’ll need a laptop or PC with ADB set up on it. Also, you need to have any custom launcher on your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL apart from the default Pixel Launcher.
- First, Install any custom launcher on your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL. Keep in mind that after doing all the steps, you won’t be able to use Pixel Launcher again. You will need to sideload the Pixel Launcher apk, but that’s pretty easy, right?
- If you don’t know how to set up ADB on your PC or Laptop, then here is a helpful step-by-step guide by XDA.
- Assuming that it’s done, connect your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL to the PC or Laptop. Then, open Command Prompt or Powershell window in the ADB Folder. You can do that by Pressing “Shift + Right Mouse Button” in the ADB Folder and then opening Command Prompt or Powershell Window. When it opens, you need to enter some commands.
– For Command Prompt enter
– For Powershell Windows enter
– For macOS or Linux Terminal, enter
- Now, you need to uninstall the default Pixel launcher from your Pixel 3 or 3 XL. For that, enter this command –
pm uninstall -k –user 0 com.google.android.apps.nexuslauncher
- Well, it’s time to enable the Navigation buttons. Enter this command –
settings put secure system_navigation_keys_enabled 1
- Finally, reboot your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL by entering the command –
Once your Google Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL boots up, you will see the old Navigation buttons on your device. Now just the buttons, this method also enables the old style recent apps. That was pretty easy, right?
In case you want to re-enable the Gesture Navigation, then simply sideload the Pixel Launcher apk (From APKMirror) and once installed, reboot your phone. Once it boots up, you will see the Gesture Navigation.
So, this was all about how to Disable Gesture Navigation on Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL. Again, all credits to XDA Developers for this method.
Rumor – Samsung Galaxy A90 launching with 8nm Snapdragon 7150
Recently, Samsung itself confirmed that the Galaxy A90 is coming with a notchless Infinity Display. We already know that it...
Motorola One Vision press render leaks, hole-punch display confirmed
Recently, the Motorola One Vision showed up on Geekbench with the Samsung’s Exynos 9610 chipset, but it wasn’t confirmed if...
Samsung confirms Notchless Infinity screen on the Galaxy A90
It looks like companies like to reveal details about their upcoming devices. Recently, Huawei accidentally made the page for the...
Huawei P30 & P30 Pro page accidently goes live on the official site
Huawei will launch the P30 series on March 26th, but it looks like the company doesn’t want to make us...
More details of the Motorola One Vision with Exynos 9610 surface
A few days back, Motorola One Vision showed up on Geekbench with Exynos 9610 processor, and since a lot of...
Moto G7 with Snapdragon 632 is launching in India on March 25th
Motorola isn’t doing great from the past couple of years when it comes to smartphones. The company does launch phones...
Samsung Galaxy A40 press renders reveal the design, launching soon
Samsung will unveil a few new ‘A’ series phones on April 10th, and there are rumors of the Galaxy A60,...