With Android Pie, Google introduced Gesture Navigation and the Google Pixel 3, and Pixel 3 XL feature the same. Unlike other phones with Android Pie, you cannot disable the Gesture Navigation to bring back the old navigation button. Now, some may like this approach, but there are a lot of users that didn’t like this move from Google.
Thanks to XDA Developers, now we have a way to Disable Gesture Navigation on Google Pixel 3 and bring back the old Navigation Buttons. If you are wondering about Root requirement, then no need to worry since the method to disable Gesture Navigation doesn’t require Root access.
DISABLE GESTURE NAVIGATION ON GOOGLE PIXEL 3/PIXEL 3 XL
Note – You’ll need a laptop or PC with ADB set up on it. Also, you need to have any custom launcher on your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL apart from the default Pixel Launcher.
- First, Install any custom launcher on your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL. Keep in mind that after doing all the steps, you won’t be able to use Pixel Launcher again. You will need to sideload the Pixel Launcher apk, but that’s pretty easy, right?
- If you don’t know how to set up ADB on your PC or Laptop, then here is a helpful step-by-step guide by XDA.
- Assuming that it’s done, connect your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL to the PC or Laptop. Then, open Command Prompt or Powershell window in the ADB Folder. You can do that by Pressing “Shift + Right Mouse Button” in the ADB Folder and then opening Command Prompt or Powershell Window. When it opens, you need to enter some commands.
– For Command Prompt enter
– For Powershell Windows enter
– For macOS or Linux Terminal, enter
- Now, you need to uninstall the default Pixel launcher from your Pixel 3 or 3 XL. For that, enter this command –
pm uninstall -k –user 0 com.google.android.apps.nexuslauncher
- Well, it’s time to enable the Navigation buttons. Enter this command –
settings put secure system_navigation_keys_enabled 1
- Finally, reboot your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL by entering the command –
Once your Google Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL boots up, you will see the old Navigation buttons on your device. Now just the buttons, this method also enables the old style recent apps. That was pretty easy, right?
In case you want to re-enable the Gesture Navigation, then simply sideload the Pixel Launcher apk (From APKMirror) and once installed, reboot your phone. Once it boots up, you will see the Gesture Navigation.
So, this was all about how to Disable Gesture Navigation on Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL. Again, all credits to XDA Developers for this method.
Like DroidHolic on Facebook
Meizu gaming phone with Snapdragon 855 in the works, to cost ¥2000-2500
So far we have seen gaming phones from companies like Razer, Xiaomi, Asus and Nubia. Now, another brand is ready...
Samsung Galaxy A40 visits Geekbench with Exynos 7885
Recently, the 6GB variant of Galaxy A50 showed up on Geekbench with the 10nm Exynos 9610 processor and Android Pie....
Samsung Galaxy A50 with Exynos 9610 & 6GB RAM shows up on Geekbench
Samsung is all set to revamp its budget, and mid-range smartphone series with the all-new Galaxy ‘M’ series. Along with...
Honor 10 Lite with Kirin 710 arrives in India for Rs 13,999
In November last year, Honor 10 Lite launched in China at a starting price of 1,399 Yuan or $201 (Rs...
LG V40 ThinQ will soon launch as an Amazon-Exclusive in India
Remember the LG V40 ThinQ that launched last year in October? Well, the phone is soon coming to the Indian...
Samsung Galaxy S10E is the name of the ‘Lite’ model
On February 20, at the Samsung UNPACKED 2019, the company will launch the next Galaxy i.e, the Galaxy S10 lineup....
Is this our first look at OnePlus 7 with bezel-less design & a slider?
The last time we heard about the next smartphone from OnePlus was in December when an image revealed the design...