With Android Pie, Google introduced Gesture Navigation and the Google Pixel 3, and Pixel 3 XL feature the same. Unlike other phones with Android Pie, you cannot disable the Gesture Navigation to bring back the old navigation button. Now, some may like this approach, but there are a lot of users that didn’t like this move from Google.
Thanks to XDA Developers, now we have a way to Disable Gesture Navigation on Google Pixel 3 and bring back the old Navigation Buttons. If you are wondering about Root requirement, then no need to worry since the method to disable Gesture Navigation doesn’t require Root access.
DISABLE GESTURE NAVIGATION ON GOOGLE PIXEL 3/PIXEL 3 XL
Note – You’ll need a laptop or PC with ADB set up on it. Also, you need to have any custom launcher on your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL apart from the default Pixel Launcher.
- First, Install any custom launcher on your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL. Keep in mind that after doing all the steps, you won’t be able to use Pixel Launcher again. You will need to sideload the Pixel Launcher apk, but that’s pretty easy, right?
- If you don’t know how to set up ADB on your PC or Laptop, then here is a helpful step-by-step guide by XDA.
- Assuming that it’s done, connect your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL to the PC or Laptop. Then, open Command Prompt or Powershell window in the ADB Folder. You can do that by Pressing “Shift + Right Mouse Button” in the ADB Folder and then opening Command Prompt or Powershell Window. When it opens, you need to enter some commands.
– For Command Prompt enter
– For Powershell Windows enter
– For macOS or Linux Terminal, enter
- Now, you need to uninstall the default Pixel launcher from your Pixel 3 or 3 XL. For that, enter this command –
pm uninstall -k –user 0 com.google.android.apps.nexuslauncher
- Well, it’s time to enable the Navigation buttons. Enter this command –
settings put secure system_navigation_keys_enabled 1
- Finally, reboot your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL by entering the command –
Once your Google Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL boots up, you will see the old Navigation buttons on your device. Now just the buttons, this method also enables the old style recent apps. That was pretty easy, right?
In case you want to re-enable the Gesture Navigation, then simply sideload the Pixel Launcher apk (From APKMirror) and once installed, reboot your phone. Once it boots up, you will see the Gesture Navigation.
So, this was all about how to Disable Gesture Navigation on Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL. Again, all credits to XDA Developers for this method.
Here are the Oppo Reno 4 renders in Black & White colors
The Oppo Reno 4 Series is launching in China on June 5th which means less than a week is now...
Oppo Reno 4 & Reno 4 Pro set to launch on June 5 in China
We finally know when the Oppo Reno 4 Series is launching in China as Oppo revealed the launch date today...
Infinix Hot 9 & Hot 9 Pro launched in India, priced under Rs 10,000
Hong Kong-based Infinix Mobiles launched two new budget phones in India today under the “Hot” series named Infinix Hot 9...
Vivo X50 Pro full specs leaked ahead of the launch on June 1st
Vivo X50 Series is set to go official in China on June 1st, and the Vivo X50 Pro is a...
Realme 6s with MediaTek Helio G90T launched in Europe for €199
Along with the Realme X3 SuperZoom, Realme 6s launched today in Europe as well, and it is just the Realme...
Realme X3 SuperZoom launched in Europe, price starts at €499
Realme X3 SuperZoom launched in Europe today & it is the latest flagship offering from the brand. While it comes...
Redmi 10X Series with MediaTek Dimensity 820 launched in China
Redmi 10X Series launched in China today & with this Redmi introduced its all-new “X” series of smartphones. So now,...