With Android Pie, Google introduced Gesture Navigation and the Google Pixel 3, and Pixel 3 XL feature the same. Unlike other phones with Android Pie, you cannot disable the Gesture Navigation to bring back the old navigation button. Now, some may like this approach, but there are a lot of users that didn’t like this move from Google.
Thanks to XDA Developers, now we have a way to Disable Gesture Navigation on Google Pixel 3 and bring back the old Navigation Buttons. If you are wondering about Root requirement, then no need to worry since the method to disable Gesture Navigation doesn’t require Root access.
DISABLE GESTURE NAVIGATION ON GOOGLE PIXEL 3/PIXEL 3 XL
Note – You’ll need a laptop or PC with ADB set up on it. Also, you need to have any custom launcher on your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL apart from the default Pixel Launcher.
- First, Install any custom launcher on your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL. Keep in mind that after doing all the steps, you won’t be able to use Pixel Launcher again. You will need to sideload the Pixel Launcher apk, but that’s pretty easy, right?
- If you don’t know how to set up ADB on your PC or Laptop, then here is a helpful step-by-step guide by XDA.
- Assuming that it’s done, connect your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL to the PC or Laptop. Then, open Command Prompt or Powershell window in the ADB Folder. You can do that by Pressing “Shift + Right Mouse Button” in the ADB Folder and then opening Command Prompt or Powershell Window. When it opens, you need to enter some commands.
– For Command Prompt enter
– For Powershell Windows enter
– For macOS or Linux Terminal, enter
- Now, you need to uninstall the default Pixel launcher from your Pixel 3 or 3 XL. For that, enter this command –
pm uninstall -k –user 0 com.google.android.apps.nexuslauncher
- Well, it’s time to enable the Navigation buttons. Enter this command –
settings put secure system_navigation_keys_enabled 1
- Finally, reboot your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL by entering the command –
Once your Google Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL boots up, you will see the old Navigation buttons on your device. Now just the buttons, this method also enables the old style recent apps. That was pretty easy, right?
In case you want to re-enable the Gesture Navigation, then simply sideload the Pixel Launcher apk (From APKMirror) and once installed, reboot your phone. Once it boots up, you will see the Gesture Navigation.
So, this was all about how to Disable Gesture Navigation on Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL. Again, all credits to XDA Developers for this method.
Like DroidHolic on Facebook
Google Pixel 3 Lite with Snapdragon 670 & 3.5mm jack smiles for the camera
Even before the Pixel 3 and 3 XL were officially announced, we got rumors of mid-range Pixel phone(s) from the...
[Update – Moto G7 Plus] Moto G7 press render reveals waterdrop notch & glass back
UPDATE – PRESS RENDER OF MOTO G7 PLUS The folks over at MrGizmo have now got the press render of...
Snapdragon 8150 shows up on AnTuTu, beats A12 Bionic & Kirin 980
The Kirin 980 and the A12 Bionic are both manufactured with the 7nm process and are the latest offerings from...
Samsung’s 8nm Exynos 9820 announced with improved NPU & more
Samsung is one of the leading chipset makers for smartphones, and the company recently announced the successor of Exynos 9810,...
Thunder Purple OnePlus 6T will be available in India from 16 November
A week back, the OnePlus 6T launched in China in three colors – Midnight Black, Mirror Black, and the Thunder...
Everything wrong with Samsung’s budget and mid-range smartphones
Samsung, despite being the #1 smartphone maker in the world, is nowhere near the likes of Xiaomi, Honor etc. when...
Samsung W2019 announced with dual screens & dual rear cameras
Apart from its normal flagships in the ‘S’ and ‘Note’ series, Samsung likes to launch a flagship clamshell phone in...