With Android Pie, Google introduced Gesture Navigation and the Google Pixel 3, and Pixel 3 XL feature the same. Unlike other phones with Android Pie, you cannot disable the Gesture Navigation to bring back the old navigation button. Now, some may like this approach, but there are a lot of users that didn’t like this move from Google.
Thanks to XDA Developers, now we have a way to Disable Gesture Navigation on Google Pixel 3 and bring back the old Navigation Buttons. If you are wondering about Root requirement, then no need to worry since the method to disable Gesture Navigation doesn’t require Root access.
DISABLE GESTURE NAVIGATION ON GOOGLE PIXEL 3/PIXEL 3 XL
Note – You’ll need a laptop or PC with ADB set up on it. Also, you need to have any custom launcher on your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL apart from the default Pixel Launcher.
- First, Install any custom launcher on your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL. Keep in mind that after doing all the steps, you won’t be able to use Pixel Launcher again. You will need to sideload the Pixel Launcher apk, but that’s pretty easy, right?
- If you don’t know how to set up ADB on your PC or Laptop, then here is a helpful step-by-step guide by XDA.
- Assuming that it’s done, connect your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL to the PC or Laptop. Then, open Command Prompt or Powershell window in the ADB Folder. You can do that by Pressing “Shift + Right Mouse Button” in the ADB Folder and then opening Command Prompt or Powershell Window. When it opens, you need to enter some commands.
– For Command Prompt enter
– For Powershell Windows enter
– For macOS or Linux Terminal, enter
- Now, you need to uninstall the default Pixel launcher from your Pixel 3 or 3 XL. For that, enter this command –
pm uninstall -k –user 0 com.google.android.apps.nexuslauncher
- Well, it’s time to enable the Navigation buttons. Enter this command –
settings put secure system_navigation_keys_enabled 1
- Finally, reboot your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL by entering the command –
Once your Google Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL boots up, you will see the old Navigation buttons on your device. Now just the buttons, this method also enables the old style recent apps. That was pretty easy, right?
In case you want to re-enable the Gesture Navigation, then simply sideload the Pixel Launcher apk (From APKMirror) and once installed, reboot your phone. Once it boots up, you will see the Gesture Navigation.
So, this was all about how to Disable Gesture Navigation on Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL. Again, all credits to XDA Developers for this method.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite launches in India at Rs 39,999
A couple of days after the launch of Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite in India, Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite launched...
Wait a minute! Did Poco just tease the Poco X2?
After Poco was announced as an independent brand, the company updated its branding on its social media pages that includes...
Motorola Edge+ launching this year, could be a flagship
Last year, we got a lot of smartphones from Motorola & most of them were budget or mid-range phones. The...
Samsung Galaxy S20 series & Galaxy Z Flip pricing leaks
Almost three weeks are still left for the much-awaited launch of Samsung Galaxy S20 series on February 11th, and so...
Redmi K30 Pro spotted on Geekbench with Snapdragon 865
In December last year, Redmi K30 went official in China with a starting price of 1,599 Yuan and 1,999 Yuan...
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite launches in India at Rs 38,999
At the beginning of January this year, Samsung announced two phones named Galaxy Note 10 Lite & Galaxy S10 Lite...
Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G, 662 & 460 announced
At an event in New Delhi, India, Qualcomm announced three new SOCs named Snapdragon 720G, Snapdragon 662 & Snapdragon 460....