With Android Pie, Google introduced Gesture Navigation and the Google Pixel 3, and Pixel 3 XL feature the same. Unlike other phones with Android Pie, you cannot disable the Gesture Navigation to bring back the old navigation button. Now, some may like this approach, but there are a lot of users that didn’t like this move from Google.
Thanks to XDA Developers, now we have a way to Disable Gesture Navigation on Google Pixel 3 and bring back the old Navigation Buttons. If you are wondering about Root requirement, then no need to worry since the method to disable Gesture Navigation doesn’t require Root access.
DISABLE GESTURE NAVIGATION ON GOOGLE PIXEL 3/PIXEL 3 XL
Note – You’ll need a laptop or PC with ADB set up on it. Also, you need to have any custom launcher on your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL apart from the default Pixel Launcher.
- First, Install any custom launcher on your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL. Keep in mind that after doing all the steps, you won’t be able to use Pixel Launcher again. You will need to sideload the Pixel Launcher apk, but that’s pretty easy, right?
- If you don’t know how to set up ADB on your PC or Laptop, then here is a helpful step-by-step guide by XDA.
- Assuming that it’s done, connect your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL to the PC or Laptop. Then, open Command Prompt or Powershell window in the ADB Folder. You can do that by Pressing “Shift + Right Mouse Button” in the ADB Folder and then opening Command Prompt or Powershell Window. When it opens, you need to enter some commands.
– For Command Prompt enter
– For Powershell Windows enter
– For macOS or Linux Terminal, enter
- Now, you need to uninstall the default Pixel launcher from your Pixel 3 or 3 XL. For that, enter this command –
pm uninstall -k –user 0 com.google.android.apps.nexuslauncher
- Well, it’s time to enable the Navigation buttons. Enter this command –
settings put secure system_navigation_keys_enabled 1
- Finally, reboot your Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL by entering the command –
Once your Google Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL boots up, you will see the old Navigation buttons on your device. Now just the buttons, this method also enables the old style recent apps. That was pretty easy, right?
In case you want to re-enable the Gesture Navigation, then simply sideload the Pixel Launcher apk (From APKMirror) and once installed, reboot your phone. Once it boots up, you will see the Gesture Navigation.
So, this was all about how to Disable Gesture Navigation on Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL. Again, all credits to XDA Developers for this method.
Super affordable Redmi 7A announced with Snapdragon 439
Redmi just announced its super affordable device, the Redmi 7A. As the name suggests, it is a successor to the...
Redmi K20 price to start at 2,599 Yuan, leak suggests
A few days are now left of the much-awaited launch of Redmi K20 in China & we know a lot...
Redmi K20’s gradient design revealed in the official image
Redmi K20 is launching on May 28 so less than a week is now left for the launch of much...
It’s official! Redmi K20 to launch on May 28 in China
Redmi revealed yesterday that it would announce something today related to its upcoming flagship. No, the Redmi K20 didn’t launch...
Redmi Note 7s official with 48MP camera, price starts at Rs 10,999
Redmi just announced a new “Note” series phone in India today, the Redmi Note 7s. As the name suggests, it...
Honor 20 press renders reveal quad cameras & side-facing fingerprint scanner
The Honor 20 series will launch on May 21 in London & there are only a couple of days left...
Meizu 16Xs with triple cameras shows up on TENAA
The Meizu 16s launched in China last month with flagship specifications & aggressive pricing. Now, the company is planning to launch...