As expected, Xiaomi announced its new budget Redmi phones in India under the Redmi 6 series. So, there are three new phones that the company launched today – Xiaomi Redmi 6, Redmi 6A and the Redmi 6 Pro.
All these phones were launched in China a couple of months back and so, we already know everything about these. Still, here’s all about the specifications, pricing and the availability of the all-new Redmi 6 series in India.
XIAOMI REDMI 6A
It is the cheapest of the three and the successor of last year’s much popular Redmi 5A. In every aspect, it is an all-around upgrade from the Redmi 5A, whether we talk about the processor or the display or the build. There is an 18:9 display but the phone has huge bezels all around. There is a single rear camera, and just like the Redmi 5A, the Redmi 6A doesn’t have a fingerprint scanner.
The specifications are pretty interesting. Here is a quick overview of the specifications since we have already talked about them in detail in our previous article –
- 5.45-inch HD+ 18:9 Display (1440 x 720 pixels)
- 12nm 2.0GHz Quad-Core Helio A22 Processor
- 2GB RAM and 16/32GB ROM (Expandable up to 256GB)
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture and LED Flash
- EIS for Video Recording (Probably the first phone with EIS in this price)
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- AI Portrait Mode, Face Unlock and HDR
- 3,000mAh battery
- Dual VoLTE
- Android Oreo with MIUI on top
Finally, coming to the pricing and availability, the Xiaomi Redmi 6A will be available to buy from Amazon and Mi.com, starting September 19. It is available in two variants and here is the pricing –
- 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM – Rs 5,999 (Introductory price for two months)
- 2GB RAM + 32GB ROM – Rs 6,999 (Introductory price for two months)
XIAOMI REDMI 6
The Xiaomi Redmi 6 is the successor to the last year’s Redmi 5 that had some great specifications for the price at which it was launched. The design of the Redmi 6 is similar to the Redmi 6A’s design, except for some changes like a dual rear camera setup & addition of the fingerprint scanner.
The display and the battery size also remains the same as Redmi 6A and the only difference is the chipset, cameras and the storage. Here’s is a quick overview of the Xiaomi Redmi 6 specifications –
- 5.45-inch HD+ 18:9 display (1440×720 pixels)
- 12nm 2.0GHz Octa-Core Helio P22
- 3GB RAM and 32/64GB storage (Expandable up to 256GB)
- 12MP + 5MP dual rear cameras with Night Enhancement, EIS, Portrait Mode, HDR and more
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, AI Portrait Mode, and Face Unlock.
- 3,000mAh battery with no fast charging
- Android Oreo with MIUI 9.6
The Redmi 6 comes in four colors – Blue, Black, Gold and Rose Gold. The phone will be available to buy from Flipkart and Mi.com, starting September 10. Here is the pricing –
- 3GB RAM + 32GB ROM – Rs 7,499 (Introductory price for two months)
- 3GB RAM + 64GB ROM – Rs 9,499 (Introductory price for two months)
XIAOMI REDMI 6 PRO
The Redmi 6 Pro is just the Mi A2 Lite with MIUI. All the specifications remain the same as the Mi A2 Lite, and this is the reason why Xiaomi didn’t bring Mi A2 Lite in India since the launch of Redmi 6 Pro was already planned. The phone competes not only with the phones like Realme 1 but also with Xiaomi’s own devices like the Redmi Note 5 and the Redmi Y2. And this is not the first time we see this, right?
Coming to the specifications, here is a quick overview of the Redmi 6 Pro Specs –
- 5.84-inch Full-HD+ 19:9 display with a notch (2280 x 1080 Pixels)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 Processor
- 3/4GB RAM and 32/64GB ROM (Expandable up to 256GB)
- 12MP + 5MP dual rear cameras with Portrait Mode, EIS, HDR and more
- 5MP front-facing camera with AI Portrait Mode, HDR, and AI Beautify
- 4,000mAh battery with 5V/2A charging
- Android Oreo with MIUI on top
The Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro will be available to buy from Amazon and Mi.com, starting September 11. Here is the pricing –
- 3GB RAM + 32GB ROM – Rs 10,999
- 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM – Rs 12,999
So, what are your opinions about these new Redmi phones from Xiaomi? Do let us know via the comments section.
Huawei Nova 6 5G, Nova 6 & Nova 6 SE officially launched
Huawei Nova 6 series is now official in China & it brings not one or two but a trio of...
Redmi K30 4G confirmed to launch alongside the 5G version
We already know a lot about the Redmi K30 5G that’s launching on December 10th in China. We know that...
Motorola One Hyper goes official, priced at $399.99
Motorola launched a new smartphone today named Motorola One Hyper & the main USP of it is that it is...
Red Magic to launch first gaming phone with Snapdragon 865 SOC
Every smartphone maker has started announcing its plans to use the Snapdragon 865 SOC in its 2020’s flagship phone. First,...
Meizu 17 to be among the first to feature Snapdragon 865 SOC
Meizu is a popular smartphone maker in China & the company is known for its beautiful phones & super aggressive...
Redmi K30 to launch with Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G SOC
Today, Qualcomm announced its upcoming flagship & mid-range SOCs, the Snapdragon 865 & Snapdragon 765/765G. Companies like Xiaomi & Oppo...
[UPDATE- Snapdragon 765G] Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G – Here’s our first look!
UPDATE 04/12/2019 – SOC REVEALED On his Twitter account, Brian Shen revealed that the Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G is coming...