A few days back, it was reported that the payment details of the customers, who made payment on the official website, were stolen and OnePlus said that the company would be investigating this issue. Due to this, the company stopped credit card payments on the site to prevent any further loss. Today, the company has admitted that credit card info of up to 40,000 customers has been stolen. OnePlus said that the company has sent an email about this whole issue to the users that are possibly affected.
WHAT HAPPENED & WHO’s AFFECTED?
According to the company, there was a malicious script that stole all the credit card info while it was being entered on the payment page. OnePlus said that the infected server was quarantined. This has once again raised questions related to the privacy of the users.
Talking about the users affected, OnePlus said that the credit card data of those users who entered the info between Mid-November 2017-January 11 2018 might be stolen. It cannot be said if all the users had their data stolen. But, users who paid via the ‘Saved Credit Card,’ ‘Credit Card via Paypal’ or ‘via PayPal’ should not be affected, says OnePlus.
WHAT’S ONEPLUS DOING?
Apologizing for this whole issue, OnePlus said on the official forum –
We cannot apologize enough for letting something like this happen. We are eternally grateful to have such a vigilant and informed community, and it pains us to let you down.
We are in contact with potentially affected customers. We are working with our providers and local authorities to better address the incident. We are also working with our current payment providers to implement a more secure credit card payment method, as well as conducting an in-depth security audit. All these measures will help us prevent such incidents from happening in the future.
Well, if you made a payment between those dates, make sure to check your card statements. What are your thoughts on this incident? Do let us know via the comments section.
Moto G8 official renders reveal the design & color options
Today, we got to know the specifications of Moto G8 & G8 Power, which could launch at the February 23rd...
Poco X2 120Hz display & side fingerprint scanner confirmed
Just recently, we got to know that Poco X2 is the next smartphone from the company & it is launching...
Motorola sends invites for February 23rd Event, multiple launches expected
January is about to end & Motorola hasn’t launched any device so far in the market. Last year, the company...
Moto G8 & Moto G8 Power to launch with Snapdragon 665
Last year in October, Motorola unveiled two phones under its “G” series name Moto G8 Plus & Moto G8 Play....
Poco X2 officially confirmed, launching on February 4th
A few days earlier, we talked about the Poco X2 easter egg in the video that the company posted online...
Major specifications of Samsung Galaxy Z Flip revealed
A couple of weeks ago, we got to know that the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is the next foldable phone...
This Upcoming Motorola Phone has a stylus
Recently, we got to know the name of one of the phones that Motorola is launching this year. It is...