- 0.1 UPDATE – NOW WE HAVE THE GOOGLE PIXEL 2 LAUNCHER APK AVAILABLE FOR ALL PHONES, SO YOU JUST NEED TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE PIXEL 2 LAUNCHER AND THAT’S IT! YOU WILL GET THE PIXEL 2 LOOK ON YOUR PHONE. (Thanks, XDA)
- 0.2 REQUIRED APPLICATIONS –
- 1 HOW TO GET GOOGLE PIXEL 2 LAUNCHER VIA NOVA LAUNCHER
UPDATE – NOW WE HAVE THE GOOGLE PIXEL 2 LAUNCHER APK AVAILABLE FOR ALL PHONES, SO YOU JUST NEED TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE PIXEL 2 LAUNCHER AND THAT’S IT! YOU WILL GET THE PIXEL 2 LOOK ON YOUR PHONE. (Thanks, XDA)
If your phone runs on Android 70 Nougat and above, you can also install the Pixel 2 Launcher Apk that is modded to add that Google Now Panel when you swipe from left. Download it from the button below.
If you still want some extra features like Icon Packs, Gestures, Ability to change Icon Size etc., then you can follow the steps below as that will require the Nova Launcher that already packs a ton of customisation options.
On October 4th, Google took off the covers to unveil its 2017’s Flagship smartphones, the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. The phones come with pure Android Oreo, but this time, Google tweaked the Pixel Launcher a bit by moving the search bar to the bottom, removing the icon labels and adding a new Widget. In this article, we are going to show you how to make your phone look like the Google Pixel 2 by tweaking the settings of the popular Nova Launcher. Before starting with the tutorial, make sure to have all the applications listed below.
REQUIRED APPLICATIONS –
- Nova Launcher Prime – Download Here
- Nova Settings Backup File (Must Download) – Download Here
- Pixel Icon Pack – Download Here
- Another Widget (For the Pixel 2 Calendar Widget) – Download Here
- Google Pixel 2 Wallpaper – Download Here
- Pixel Navigation Bar (No ROOT) – Download Here
HOW TO GET GOOGLE PIXEL 2 LAUNCHER VIA NOVA LAUNCHER
Assuming that you have downloaded all the apps and files listed above, let’s start with the steps to make your phone look like Google Pixel 2.
- First of all, Open the Nova Launcher Prime and then go to its Settings. You can either tap on the ‘Nova Settings’ icon or long press on the desktop and then tap on the gear icon.
- Once you are in the settings, all you need to do is to go to ‘Backup and Import Settings’ Option. Now, make sure that you have downloaded the Nova Launcher Settings Backup File already before moving on to the next step.
- Here, tap on ‘Restore or Manage Backups’ Option and then, find the Nova Backup file that you have downloaded. The File that you downloaded from the link above is named ‘Pixel 2 Look.novabackup’.
- Tap on it, and now, Nova Launcher will show a pop-up that says that this will delete your current layout and replace it with the one from the backup. Just tap on OK and then go back to the home screen to get the Google Pixel 2 Launcher Look on your phone. But hey! We still are missing few things like the wallpaper, widget, and the navigation bar icons.
- Since you have downloaded the wallpaper already, just apply that to the home screen.
- For the widget, install the “Another Widget” app from the Google Play Store and once downloaded, you can tweak its settings to select what to show and how to show it. You might need to grant it some permissions.
- Finally, if you want to have the Google Pixel 2 Navigation bar icons, you need to download and install the ‘Pixel Navigation Bar’ app from the link given in the ‘Required Apps’ section above. It requires no Root and works like a charm.
- Open the app and toggle the button to ON to get the Google Pixel 2 Nav Bar icons. There is also a Pro version of the app that lets you have some more features. As a bonus feature, the home button also features the same animation as in the Google Pixel phones.
Well, that’s it. After doing all these steps, you finally have got the Google Pixel 2 Launcher look on your Android phone. If you are having any difficulties while doing any of the steps above, do let us know via the comments section. Cheers.
Like DroidHolic on Facebook
Honor View 20 has an in-display selfie camera & a 48MP rear shooter
The launch of Samsung Galaxy A8s is happening in China today which is the first smartphone with a display hole...
Here are the Google Pixel 3 Lite & Google Pixel 3 Lite XL CAD Renders
Google is all set to jump into the mid-range smartphone market by launching two mid-range Pixel phones. We are already...
Huawei Nova 4 teaser reveals the design of phone yet again
Forget the notches as it’s time for display holes. We already know that on December 10, the Samsung Galaxy A8s...
OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition press images leaked, Warp Charge confirmed
On December 11, the OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition will be launched, and this isn’t going to be any different than...
Samsung Galaxy A8s shows up on TENAA with rear-facing fingerprint reader
On December 10, Samsung is launching the Galaxy A8s in China and in case you don’t know, it will be...
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 & Max M2 go official in Russia
On December 11, the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 is launching in India, but it looks like the phone is...
Xiaomi Mi 9 has a 48MP primary rear camera, reveals the Co-Founder
Qualcomm just announced the Snapdragon 855, and we all know that among all the smartphones that will launch in Q1...