Lineage OS For OnePlus 3T
Back in November last year, OnePlus launched the upgraded version of OnePlus 3. It was called the OnePlus 3T, and the processor was the major upgrade along with some camera changes. The OnePlus 3T features the Snapdragon 821 processor as compared to the 820 on OnePlus 3. The OnePlus devices are known as the phones for the developers, but when Lineage OS came into existence, there was no official build for the latest OnePlus 3T. However, now the official Lineage OS For OnePlus 3T has been made available to download and install. In this article, we will be showing you step-by-step how to do that.
You need to note that the Lineage OS ROM for OnePlus 3T has been merged with the Lineage OS For OnePlus 3 so there is one ROM file for both the phones which is good.
NOTE: The Google Apps packages are NOT SUPPORTED in any way by LineageOS. So, the links for that file is also given at the end and you need to flash that after flashing the ROM file in case you want all the Google apps. Here are the Lineage OS Gapps Packages.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD LINEAGE OS FOR ONEPLUS 3T
- Place the Lineage OS ROM file for the OnePlus 3T in the phone’s storage.
- If you aren’t already in recovery, boot into recovery: With the device powered down, hold the Volume Down and Power buttons.
- (Optional, but recommended): Select the Backup button to create a backup.
- Select Wipe and then Advanced Wipe.
- Select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe.
- Go back to return to the main menu, then select Install.
- Navigate to /sdcard, and select the LineageOS .zip package.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the package.
- (Optional): Install any additional packages using the same method.
- (Optional): Root the device by installing the LineageOS SU add-on or using any other method you prefer.
- Once the installation has finished, return to the main menu, select Reboot, and then System.
Well, that’s it. You are now all set to experience the all new Lineage OS for OnePlus 3T. As mentioned above, you can Root lineage OS by intalling the LineageOS SU Add-on. The links of every file are given below and they are the official sources. So, no need to worry about any viruses or stuff like that. Cheers.
The specifications of Redmi flagship with Snapdragon 855 leaked, again
We have already seen a few phones from the “Redmi” brand by Xiaomi like the Redmi Note 7, Note 7...
OnePlus 7 Pro European pricing & color options leaked
So, May 14th it is. The OnePlus 7 series is launching that day & as you probably know by now,...
Alleged Meizu 16s Plus specs include Triple cameras & Wireless Charging
The Meizu 16s launched recently in China with the Snapdragon 855 processor & a 48 Megapixel camera on the back....
Xiaomi launches Redmi Y3 & Redmi 7 in India, price starts at Rs 7,999
Xiaomi launched two new budget phones in India today under the “Redmi” brand named Redmi Y3 & Redmi 7. The...
Oppo Reno series goes global, Reno, Reno 10X Zoom & Reno 5G
A couple of weeks after the China launch, the Oppo Reno series launched globally today, and the series includes three...
Meizu 16s goes official with Snapdragon 855 & 48MP rear camera
Meizu launches some really good value for money phones in every price segment but most of its “best” phones don’t...
Save the Date! OnePlus 7 series confirmed to launch on May 14
Pete Lau, the Founder & CEO of OnePlus, announced on April 19th that he would reveal the launch date of...