Lineage OS For OnePlus 3T
Back in November last year, OnePlus launched the upgraded version of OnePlus 3. It was called the OnePlus 3T, and the processor was the major upgrade along with some camera changes. The OnePlus 3T features the Snapdragon 821 processor as compared to the 820 on OnePlus 3. The OnePlus devices are known as the phones for the developers, but when Lineage OS came into existence, there was no official build for the latest OnePlus 3T. However, now the official Lineage OS For OnePlus 3T has been made available to download and install. In this article, we will be showing you step-by-step how to do that.
You need to note that the Lineage OS ROM for OnePlus 3T has been merged with the Lineage OS For OnePlus 3 so there is one ROM file for both the phones which is good.
NOTE: The Google Apps packages are NOT SUPPORTED in any way by LineageOS. So, the links for that file is also given at the end and you need to flash that after flashing the ROM file in case you want all the Google apps. Here are the Lineage OS Gapps Packages.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD LINEAGE OS FOR ONEPLUS 3T
- Place the Lineage OS ROM file for the OnePlus 3T in the phone’s storage.
- If you aren’t already in recovery, boot into recovery: With the device powered down, hold the Volume Down and Power buttons.
- (Optional, but recommended): Select the Backup button to create a backup.
- Select Wipe and then Advanced Wipe.
- Select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe.
- Go back to return to the main menu, then select Install.
- Navigate to /sdcard, and select the LineageOS .zip package.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the package.
- (Optional): Install any additional packages using the same method.
- (Optional): Root the device by installing the LineageOS SU add-on or using any other method you prefer.
- Once the installation has finished, return to the main menu, select Reboot, and then System.
Well, that’s it. You are now all set to experience the all new Lineage OS for OnePlus 3T. As mentioned above, you can Root lineage OS by intalling the LineageOS SU Add-on. The links of every file are given below and they are the official sources. So, no need to worry about any viruses or stuff like that. Cheers.
Like DroidHolic on Facebook
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro will launch in India in these variants
A couple of weeks back, Xiaomi announced the Redmi Note 6 Pro in Thailand with some minor upgrades from the...
Lenovo S5 Pro visits TENAA and Geekbench, design & specs revealed
On October 18, the Lenovo S5 Pro will be launched in China as an upgraded version of the Lenovo S5...
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 with RGB Lighting shows up in hands-on video
With the Global website of Xiaomi backed Black Shark going live, we are now sure that the company will soon...
Huawei Mate 20 Pro – Here’s (almost) Everything you need to know
It’s October, and as always, we are going to see new phones launching almost every day. We have already seen...
Samsung Galaxy A9 launched – World’s first Quad Camera phone
Huawei surprised everyone by launching a phone having not one or two, but three cameras on the back. The Huawei...
Nokia 3.1 Plus launched in India with Helio P22 & dual cameras
At an event in India today, Nokia launched its new budget smartphone, the Nokia 3.1 Plus. The Nokia 7.1 Plus...
Nokia 3.1 Plus to have 18:9 screen, dual cameras & 3,500mAh battery
Nokia has finally understood that to stay in the smartphone market, it has to cut down its profit a bit...