Lineage OS For OnePlus 3T
Back in November last year, OnePlus launched the upgraded version of OnePlus 3. It was called the OnePlus 3T, and the processor was the major upgrade along with some camera changes. The OnePlus 3T features the Snapdragon 821 processor as compared to the 820 on OnePlus 3. The OnePlus devices are known as the phones for the developers, but when Lineage OS came into existence, there was no official build for the latest OnePlus 3T. However, now the official Lineage OS For OnePlus 3T has been made available to download and install. In this article, we will be showing you step-by-step how to do that.
You need to note that the Lineage OS ROM for OnePlus 3T has been merged with the Lineage OS For OnePlus 3 so there is one ROM file for both the phones which is good.
NOTE: The Google Apps packages are NOT SUPPORTED in any way by LineageOS. So, the links for that file is also given at the end and you need to flash that after flashing the ROM file in case you want all the Google apps. Here are the Lineage OS Gapps Packages.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD LINEAGE OS FOR ONEPLUS 3T
- Place the Lineage OS ROM file for the OnePlus 3T in the phone’s storage.
- If you aren’t already in recovery, boot into recovery: With the device powered down, hold the Volume Down and Power buttons.
- (Optional, but recommended): Select the Backup button to create a backup.
- Select Wipe and then Advanced Wipe.
- Select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe.
- Go back to return to the main menu, then select Install.
- Navigate to /sdcard, and select the LineageOS .zip package.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the package.
- (Optional): Install any additional packages using the same method.
- (Optional): Root the device by installing the LineageOS SU add-on or using any other method you prefer.
- Once the installation has finished, return to the main menu, select Reboot, and then System.
Well, that’s it. You are now all set to experience the all new Lineage OS for OnePlus 3T. As mentioned above, you can Root lineage OS by intalling the LineageOS SU Add-on. The links of every file are given below and they are the official sources. So, no need to worry about any viruses or stuff like that. Cheers.
Vivo NEX 3 5G launched with Snapdragon 855+ & Waterfall Screen
At an event in China today, Vivo launched its latest premium flagship, the Vivo NEX 3 5G. It is the...
Oppo will unveil 65W SuperVOOC on September 17 in China
VOOC is Oppo’s fast charging technology that the company introduced back in 2014 & it could charge a device safely...
Xiaomi to unveil Mi Mix 4 & Mi 9 Pro on September 24
Today, on Weibo, Xiaomi announced that it would launch two 5G phones on September 24 in China. While one is...
Here are the Huawei Mate 30 & Mate 30 Pro official renders
Well, in a couple of days, on September 19, Huawei will unveil its Mate 30 Series at an event in...
Samsung Galaxy A20s specifications confirmed once again
Almost a week ago, we got the specifications of upcoming Samsung Galaxy A20s & while there were some doubts regarding...
Vivo NEX 3 5G specs revealed ahead of the official launch
A couple of weeks back, we got the know that Vivo NEX 3 5G is debuting in China on September...
OnePlus 7T & OnePlus 7T Pro Full Spec sheet is now out
We know how the upcoming OnePlus 7T & OnePlus 7T Pro look like, as well as some specifications of the...