Lineage OS is now the thing we knew before as CyanogenMod. Cyanogen might have stopped all its services, but the developers have continued the popular CyanogenMod ROM as Lineage OS. Last month, the Official Lineage OS Builds were made available to download, and ROM for a lot of devices has been added to the download list. Today, in this article, we will show you step-by-step how to Install Lineage OS on OnePlus 3 and how you can download Lineage OS for OnePlus 3. Let’s get started.
NOTE: DroidHolic won’t be responsible if anything goes wrong with your device. So, follow each step to avoid bricking your phone.
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LINEAGE OS FOR ONEPLUS 3
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND:
- If you are thinking to backup the apps via Titanium Backup, keep in mind that this can break things up. So, avoid using it.
- Also, avoid Restoring Apps and Data using Titanium Backup.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will break the current installation.
STEPS TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LINEAGE OS FOR ONEPLUS 3:
- First of all, download the zip file of the ROM and also that of GAPPS from the links given at the end of the article. The GAPPS file is important because the Lineage ROM itself doesn’t come with Google Apps. Here are the Lineage OS GAPPS.
- Place both these files in the internal storage of your phone. Also, you will need a custom recovery like TWRP and CWM. TWRP is recommended!
- Firstly, Wipe the Data, Cache Partition, and Dalvik Cache. Also, format the system partition. It is important for a clean install. It will delete everything from your phone’s internal storage so make sure to backup everything.
- Now, go to ‘Install’ then select the ROM file first and flash it. Once done, do the same with the Lineage OS GAPPS file. Then reboot into recovery (don’t skip this) and flash the Lineage 14.1 Nougat GApps package.
- Finally, Reboot and enjoy the all new Lineage OS for OnePlus 3.
Like DroidHolic on Facebook
Huawei Nova 4 launched with in-display camera & Kirin 970
In 2019, we are going to see a lot of phones with in-display cameras or display holes for the front...
Screen protector confirms a tall 21:9 display on the Sony Xperia XZ4
A couple of days back, the spec sheet of Sony Xperia XZ4 leaked, and it revealed some unique specs like...
5G Variant of Samsung Galaxy S10 has six cameras in total
Next year in February, Samsung is launching the Galaxy S10 lineup that is expected to feature S10 Lite, S10 and...
CEO Jerry Shen resigns as Asus shifts focus to power users & gamers
2018 was a great year for the smartphone division of Asus. The company launched phones in every price segment, and...
Huawei Nova 4 press renders leaked, 48MP main camera confirmed
Samsung is the first to announce a phone with a display hole for the front camera, and Huawei is the...
MediaTek Helio P90 announced with 2nd Gen APU & IMG PowerVR GPU
As expected, the MediaTek Helio P90 was announced in China today, and this chipset comes with some huge improvements over...
MediaTek Helio P70 vs Snapdragon 660 – The battle of the mid-rangers
MediaTek Helio P70 is already here, and we have Realme U1 as the first smartphone featuring this chipset. But, how...