Lenovo recently ditched its Vibe UI for its smartphones, and so, all the upcoming Lenovo phones will come with stock-ish Android UI. Last month, the Lenovo K8 Note was launched with superb specifications like a 10-core Helio X23 chipset, a dual rear camera setup, solid design, 4,000mAh big battery, Dolby Atmos and more. Today, the company announced the Lenovo K8 and the K8 Plus at an event in India which are the smaller variants of the K8 Note with lesser price.
The price of the K8 Plus starts at Rs.10,999 for 3GB RAM variant. So, it directly challenges the phones like Redmi Note 4. As for the K8, the price hasn’t been disclosed yet. Let’s talk about the design and the specifications of both the phones.
LENOVO K8 PLUS – THE DESIGN AND SPECIFICATIONS
The design is no different than the K8 Note. The phone has the same design, same rear camera module placement, etc. The only difference that you are going to notice if you compare the K8 Note and Lenovo K8 Plus side by side is the size. Since the K8 Note has a slightly larger 5.5-inch display than the Lenovo K8 Plus’ 5.2-inch display, it is a bit larger.
Talking about the specifications, here is a quick overview –
- 5.2-inch Full-HD Display with 2.5D Curved Glass, Corning Gorilla Glass, and Oleophobic Coating
- 2.5GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P25 Processor
- 3/4GB RAM and 32/64GB ROM
- Dedicated MicroSD Card Slot for memory expansion
- Dual Cameras on Rear – 13MP Primary camera with Purecel Plus sensor for capturing RGB Images and a 5MP secondary rear camera with Samsung Depth Sensor for the bokeh effect in the images.
- 8MP Front camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED Flash and 86-degree wide angle lens.
- 4,000mAh battery
- Dolby Almost Surround Sound
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Stock UI
- Other Features – Music Key, 3.5mm headphone jack, 4G VOLTE, Dual SIM, etc.
LENOVO K8 – SPECIFICATIONS
The Lenovo K8 is the same regarding the design when compared with the K8 Note and K8 Plus. The only difference in the design is that there is no dual camera setup on the rear and instead, the phone comes with a single camera. Here are the specifications –
- 5.2-inch HD IPS Display
- Premium Metal Build
- 2.3GHz MediaTek Helip P20 chipset based on 16nm process
- 4,000mAh battery
- Stock Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Dolby ATMOS Surround Sound
- 13MP rear camera and 8MP front camera with LED flash
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
The Lenovo K8 Plus has been priced at Rs.10,999 for the 3GB RAM+ 32GB ROM variant, and the 4GB RAM variant is launching during Diwali. Color options include Venom Black and Fine Gold. The price of the Lenovo K8 hasn’t been disclosed yet, but we can expect it to be between Rs.7-9K. The company has also announced some launch offers like –
- 15% Off on Lifestyle and Fashion on Flipkart
- Moto Pulse 2 @ Rs.599
- Up To Rs.10,000 on Exchange
- Buyback Guarantee up to Rs.5,000
- 5W Speaker for Rs. 1,199
- Extra 30GB if you recharge with Rs.399 on Jio
The Lenovo K8 Plus goes on sale from 7th September, exclusively via Flipkart. The K8 is coming to leading retail stores soon.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro specs leaked via “About Phone” screenshot
Xiaomi is going to unveil its flagship Mi 10 series soon in China & leaks suggest a launch date of...
Alleged Poco X2 hands-on images reveal a hole-punch display
Just a few days are now left for the much-awaited launch of the Poco X2 in the Indian market. Thanks...
Moto G8 official renders reveal the design & color options
Today, we got to know the specifications of Moto G8 & G8 Power, which could launch at the February 23rd...
Poco X2 120Hz display & side fingerprint scanner confirmed
Just recently, we got to know that Poco X2 is the next smartphone from the company & it is launching...
Motorola sends invites for February 23rd Event, multiple launches expected
January is about to end & Motorola hasn’t launched any device so far in the market. Last year, the company...
Moto G8 & Moto G8 Power to launch with Snapdragon 665
Last year in October, Motorola unveiled two phones under its “G” series name Moto G8 Plus & Moto G8 Play....
Poco X2 officially confirmed, launching on February 4th
A few days earlier, we talked about the Poco X2 easter egg in the video that the company posted online...