Lenovo recently ditched its Vibe UI for its smartphones, and so, all the upcoming Lenovo phones will come with stock-ish Android UI. Last month, the Lenovo K8 Note was launched with superb specifications like a 10-core Helio X23 chipset, a dual rear camera setup, solid design, 4,000mAh big battery, Dolby Atmos and more. Today, the company announced the Lenovo K8 and the K8 Plus at an event in India which are the smaller variants of the K8 Note with lesser price.
The price of the K8 Plus starts at Rs.10,999 for 3GB RAM variant. So, it directly challenges the phones like Redmi Note 4. As for the K8, the price hasn’t been disclosed yet. Let’s talk about the design and the specifications of both the phones.
LENOVO K8 PLUS – THE DESIGN AND SPECIFICATIONS
The design is no different than the K8 Note. The phone has the same design, same rear camera module placement, etc. The only difference that you are going to notice if you compare the K8 Note and Lenovo K8 Plus side by side is the size. Since the K8 Note has a slightly larger 5.5-inch display than the Lenovo K8 Plus’ 5.2-inch display, it is a bit larger.
Talking about the specifications, here is a quick overview –
- 5.2-inch Full-HD Display with 2.5D Curved Glass, Corning Gorilla Glass, and Oleophobic Coating
- 2.5GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P25 Processor
- 3/4GB RAM and 32/64GB ROM
- Dedicated MicroSD Card Slot for memory expansion
- Dual Cameras on Rear – 13MP Primary camera with Purecel Plus sensor for capturing RGB Images and a 5MP secondary rear camera with Samsung Depth Sensor for the bokeh effect in the images.
- 8MP Front camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED Flash and 86-degree wide angle lens.
- 4,000mAh battery
- Dolby Almost Surround Sound
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Stock UI
- Other Features – Music Key, 3.5mm headphone jack, 4G VOLTE, Dual SIM, etc.
LENOVO K8 – SPECIFICATIONS
The Lenovo K8 is the same regarding the design when compared with the K8 Note and K8 Plus. The only difference in the design is that there is no dual camera setup on the rear and instead, the phone comes with a single camera. Here are the specifications –
- 5.2-inch HD IPS Display
- Premium Metal Build
- 2.3GHz MediaTek Helip P20 chipset based on 16nm process
- 4,000mAh battery
- Stock Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Dolby ATMOS Surround Sound
- 13MP rear camera and 8MP front camera with LED flash
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
The Lenovo K8 Plus has been priced at Rs.10,999 for the 3GB RAM+ 32GB ROM variant, and the 4GB RAM variant is launching during Diwali. Color options include Venom Black and Fine Gold. The price of the Lenovo K8 hasn’t been disclosed yet, but we can expect it to be between Rs.7-9K. The company has also announced some launch offers like –
- 15% Off on Lifestyle and Fashion on Flipkart
- Moto Pulse 2 @ Rs.599
- Up To Rs.10,000 on Exchange
- Buyback Guarantee up to Rs.5,000
- 5W Speaker for Rs. 1,199
- Extra 30GB if you recharge with Rs.399 on Jio
The Lenovo K8 Plus goes on sale from 7th September, exclusively via Flipkart. The K8 is coming to leading retail stores soon.
Xiaomi Mi 9 price to start at 2,499 Yuan, some more details revealed
UPDATE 16/02/2019 – THE PRICING FOR ALL THE MI 9 VARIANTS IS HERE!! (VIA) So, the Xiaomi Mi 9 will launch...
Lei Jun reveals the Xiaomi Mi 9 camera specs on Weibo
Xiaomi Mi 9 is going to be a huge upgrade from last year’s Mi 8 as there are some significant...
[OFFICIAL] List of Xiaomi Phones getting MIUI 11 Update
When it comes to the custom Android skins, MIUI is one of the most popular out there that is not...
No Oppo R19 this year, confirms Brian Shen, OPPO Global Vice President
Oppo F11 Pro is soon going to launch with a pop-up selfie camera, a triple rear camera setup and a...
Samsung Galaxy S10+ with 12GB RAM shows up on AnTuTu benchmark
Almost everything about the Galaxy S10 Lineup is already out, and if you are following the leaks, then you know...
Samsung Galaxy A50, A30 & A10 Specifications leaked
Recently, we got to know that soon, Samsung will be launching the 2019’s Galaxy A Series phones in India including...
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 is launching in India on February 28
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 launched in China at an incredible starting price of 999 Yuan or ($147). At this...