Install Android Nougat on OnePlus 3
Every Company is now rolling out latest Android update for their devices. Since Google started the Beta program of Android, some companies are following this thing and the list includes Samsung and OnePlus. The OnePlus 3 was launched back in June and it sold out in seconds in its first sale due to its mind-blowing specs at a flagship price tag. Well, if you are a user of OnePlus 3 and want to try out the latest Android OS, then this tutorial is for you. OnePlus has released an Open Beta of Oxygen OS 4 and users can try it on the Oneplus 3. Again, keep in mind that this is an update for OnePlus 3 only and not for the newly launched OnePlus 3T. So, let’s start with the steps to Install Android Nougat on OnePlus 3.
NOTE: BEFORE INSTALLING THE ROM, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’VE TAKEN THE BACKUP OF ALL THE DATA. THIS IS USEFUL EVEN IF THE DATA WIPE ISN’T NECESSARY. ONEPLUS 3 STOCK ROM IS BEST IF USED BUT IF YOU ARE ON ANOTHER ROM, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE TWRP RECOVERY BECAUSE THE UPDATE HAS BEEN TESTED ONLY ON TWRP AT THE MOMENT!
FEATURES ADDED IN NEW BETA UPDATE:
- Added Data Saver
- Fixed Lock Screen clock bug in Portrait Mode
- Fixed issue of reverting to Default Theme after reboot
- Optimized fingerprint unlocking speed
- Optimized the quality of Expanded Screenshot
- Optimized WiFi performance
- Optimized system performance and battery consumption
STEPS TO INSTALL ANDROID NOUGAT ON ONEPLUS 3
- Download the .zip file of the Oxygen OS 4 Beta from the link given at the end of this article. The link is from the official OnePlus community and so there are no issues whatsoever of viruses. ( In case you’re thinking so!)
- Turn off the phone. Now, Hold Power and Volume button both at the same time and your device will boot into the recovery mode.
- Select the language. Then, choose the option that says ‘ Install From USB’ from the recovery screen. You will be shown a screen with ‘ You’re in Sideload Mode’ written.
- Lastly, connect the OnePlus 3 to your laptop and it doesn’t matter if you’re running Windows or Mac. After connecting, all you need to do is run a simple ADB command. The command you need to enter is –
For Windows: “adb sideload <filename>” For Mac/Linux: “./adb sideload <filename>”
After you press Enter, you will see that the ROM starts installing on your device. Once it is finished, your phone will reboot and there you have it! This is how to Install Android Nougat on OnePlus 3 if you’re running stock OnePlus 3 Recovery.
FOR TWRP RECOVERY
- After you download the .zip file, place it inside the TWRP folder inside your Phone’s memory.
- Next, boot your OnePlus 3 in the TWRP recovery and tap on ‘Install’ option.
- Next, go to the TWRP folder and tap on ‘Install Image’ option on the bottom Right side of the screen.
- Lastly, select the .zip file, select the ‘Recovery’ option and then Swipe to Right to Flash the image.
So, this is how to Install Android Nougat on Oneplus 3. Just follow the steps that are mentioned in the post and make sure to let us know if you liked the Android Nougat experience on your OnePlus 3 or not. Cheers. :
Here is a Video Tutorial from iGyaan and you can follow it in case you aren’t able to understand steps mentioned above :
Xiaomi is working on a 50X digital zoom smartphone camera
Smartphone cameras are improving every single day, from a single lens at the back to the quad-camera it came a...
Mi Band 5 will offer NFC support and might come with built-in mic
The Mi Band 4 was introduced in India a few months back and the company has already started working on...
Alleged Realme X2 Pro pricing leaks, to start at 2,498 Yuan
Realme X2 Pro is a hot topic right now due to the fact that it is launching soon with crazy...
Redmi Note 8 Pro launch in India set to happen on October 16
In August, Redmi Note 8 & Note 8 Pro launched in China with impressive specifications & pricing. Now, Redmi is...
Motorola One Macro launched in India, priced at Rs 9,999
Motorola launched a new Motorola One series phone in India today, the Motorola One Macro. So, while the Motorola One...
Realme X2 Pro launch in India happening in December
Realme X2 Pro is launching on October 15 in China & it is a much-awaited flagship from the brand that...
Redmi 8 launched in India, priced at Rs 7,999
Redmi 8 launched in India today & it is the latest budget phone from the brand the succeeds the Redmi...