Install Android Nougat on OnePlus 3
Every Company is now rolling out latest Android update for their devices. Since Google started the Beta program of Android, some companies are following this thing and the list includes Samsung and OnePlus. The OnePlus 3 was launched back in June and it sold out in seconds in its first sale due to its mind-blowing specs at a flagship price tag. Well, if you are a user of OnePlus 3 and want to try out the latest Android OS, then this tutorial is for you. OnePlus has released an Open Beta of Oxygen OS 4 and users can try it on the Oneplus 3. Again, keep in mind that this is an update for OnePlus 3 only and not for the newly launched OnePlus 3T. So, let’s start with the steps to Install Android Nougat on OnePlus 3.
NOTE: BEFORE INSTALLING THE ROM, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’VE TAKEN THE BACKUP OF ALL THE DATA. THIS IS USEFUL EVEN IF THE DATA WIPE ISN’T NECESSARY. ONEPLUS 3 STOCK ROM IS BEST IF USED BUT IF YOU ARE ON ANOTHER ROM, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE TWRP RECOVERY BECAUSE THE UPDATE HAS BEEN TESTED ONLY ON TWRP AT THE MOMENT!
FEATURES ADDED IN NEW BETA UPDATE:
- Added Data Saver
- Fixed Lock Screen clock bug in Portrait Mode
- Fixed issue of reverting to Default Theme after reboot
- Optimized fingerprint unlocking speed
- Optimized the quality of Expanded Screenshot
- Optimized WiFi performance
- Optimized system performance and battery consumption
STEPS TO INSTALL ANDROID NOUGAT ON ONEPLUS 3
- Download the .zip file of the Oxygen OS 4 Beta from the link given at the end of this article. The link is from the official OnePlus community and so there are no issues whatsoever of viruses. ( In case you’re thinking so!)
- Turn off the phone. Now, Hold Power and Volume button both at the same time and your device will boot into the recovery mode.
- Select the language. Then, choose the option that says ‘ Install From USB’ from the recovery screen. You will be shown a screen with ‘ You’re in Sideload Mode’ written.
- Lastly, connect the OnePlus 3 to your laptop and it doesn’t matter if you’re running Windows or Mac. After connecting, all you need to do is run a simple ADB command. The command you need to enter is –
For Windows: “adb sideload <filename>” For Mac/Linux: “./adb sideload <filename>”
After you press Enter, you will see that the ROM starts installing on your device. Once it is finished, your phone will reboot and there you have it! This is how to Install Android Nougat on OnePlus 3 if you’re running stock OnePlus 3 Recovery.
FOR TWRP RECOVERY
- After you download the .zip file, place it inside the TWRP folder inside your Phone’s memory.
- Next, boot your OnePlus 3 in the TWRP recovery and tap on ‘Install’ option.
- Next, go to the TWRP folder and tap on ‘Install Image’ option on the bottom Right side of the screen.
- Lastly, select the .zip file, select the ‘Recovery’ option and then Swipe to Right to Flash the image.
So, this is how to Install Android Nougat on Oneplus 3. Just follow the steps that are mentioned in the post and make sure to let us know if you liked the Android Nougat experience on your OnePlus 3 or not. Cheers. :
Here is a Video Tutorial from iGyaan and you can follow it in case you aren’t able to understand steps mentioned above :
Like DroidHolic on Facebook
Moto G5 is finally getting Android Oreo update in India
Motorola was once known for its fast Android updates, but after Lenovo acquired Motorola, the company started launching so many...
Android Pie Beta for Motorola One Power arriving next month
Motorola shocked everyone when it launched the Moto G6 Plus with Snapdragon 630 in India at a ridiculously high price...
Download Google Pixel 3 Wallpapers + APK – ZIP File Included
Just a couple of weeks are now left for the launch of Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL & we...
Huawei Mate 20 Pro press renders confirm the design, again
On October 16, Huawei will unveil its Mate 20 series flagships at the event in London. We have already seen...
Nokia 5.1 Plus with Helio P60 launched in India at Rs 10,999
After launching the Nokia 6.1 Plus in India, the company just announced the Nokia 5.1 Plus. It is a Flipkart...
Motorola One Power with Snapdragon 636 launched in India at Rs 15,999
At the IFA 2018, Motorola announced two Android One smartphones, the Motorola One, and One Power. It was then reported...
New Nokia phone launching on October 4, could be Nokia 7.1 Plus
In the past couple of weeks, we have seen a lot of leaks and rumors related to the Nokia 9...