With the new Google Pixel and Pixel XL, the company also introduced the Google Assistant. Sadly, it is available on Pixel devices only. But, do you know that you can Get Google Assistant on any phone running Android Marshmallow and above? Well, this is what the article is about. In this tutorial, you will get to know how you can experience the intelligent Google assistant on your Android device. You should also read How to Install Kodi on Chromecast.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
Well, this is surely not going to be a process in which you just install any app and boom, it’s done. But, it is a very easy process for sure. There are two different methods, one of those methods requires ROOT while with the other, you can get google assistant on any phone without root. Here are the requirements:
FOR METHOD #1:
There are some requirements, and your phone must fulfill them to Get the Google Assistant. First of all, you need to have a ROOTED ANDROID PHONE. Yes, this whole process requires root access, and in case you don’t have that, you cannot proceed to next steps. Also, your phone should be running ANDROID MARSHMALLOW OR ABOVE to run the Google Assistant. Lastly, make sure to install a ROOT EXPLORER. The suggested one is the much popular ES FILE EXPLORER.
FOR METHOD #2:
As mentioned above, for this method, your phone doesn’t need to be rooted. Your phone must have the flashable zip files, and as always, the direct download links will be at the end of this article. Lastly, you need the Custom Recovery or any other recovery like TWRP installed.
HOW TO GET GOOGLE ASSISTANT ON ANY PHONE
- Open ES File Explorer. Now, slide from the left, and you will see some options there. Here, make sure ROOT EXPLORER along with SHOW HIDDEN FILES is enabled. It might ask for root permissions so grant it.
- Next, from the top, select Device and from here, head to System folder.
- Here, you will find the build.Prop file. This is the file that we need to edit to Getting Google Assistant.
- Open it using the ES NOTE EDITOR and there, find the line that reads – ro.product.model=[YOUR DEVICE].
- Replace this line with – ro.product.model=Pixel XL
- Now, below this line, add – ro.opa.eligible_device=true
- Finally, SAVE the file and do a simple REBOOT.
After the device has rebooted, go to the App Manager from Setting, find the Google App and Clear its Cache and Data. Now, when the app with restart, you will get Google Assistant on your phone by long pressing the home button. Wasn’t it easy?
- Before starting, make sure that you have uninstalled the Google App from your phone completely. This is the recommended step that you should follow before flashing the zip files.
- At the end of the article, you will get the links to download zip files that you should place on your SD Card.
- Next, reboot to the Recovery mode by pressing Power and Volume keys together.
- Now, tap on Install Zip from SD card. Choose GoogleAssistantVelvet.zip first and install it. Next, choose GoogleAssistantBuildProp.zip and install it.
- Finally, do a simple REBOOT. Now, when your phone has rebooted, go to the settings of Google App and grant it necessary permissions by going to the PERMISSIONS option.
There you have it! Simply long press the home button, and you will be greeted with the Google Assistant. That was all about this tutorial – How to Get Google Assistant on Any Phone. If you like it, make sure to share it with other and stay tuned for more Android How To’s. Cheers 🙂
For a Better Understanding, have a look at this well-explained video tutorial –
Mi Band 5 will offer NFC support and might come with built-in mic
The Mi Band 4 was introduced in India a few months back and the company has already started working on...
Alleged Realme X2 Pro pricing leaks, to start at 2,498 Yuan
Realme X2 Pro is a hot topic right now due to the fact that it is launching soon with crazy...
Redmi Note 8 Pro launch in India set to happen on October 16
In August, Redmi Note 8 & Note 8 Pro launched in China with impressive specifications & pricing. Now, Redmi is...
Motorola One Macro launched in India, priced at Rs 9,999
Motorola launched a new Motorola One series phone in India today, the Motorola One Macro. So, while the Motorola One...
Realme X2 Pro launch in India happening in December
Realme X2 Pro is launching on October 15 in China & it is a much-awaited flagship from the brand that...
Redmi 8 launched in India, priced at Rs 7,999
Redmi 8 launched in India today & it is the latest budget phone from the brand the succeeds the Redmi...
This is the Redmi 8 with 5,000mAh battery & Snapdragon 439 SOC
With the launch of Redmi 8A a couple of weeks back Xiaomi raised the bar since that phone comes with...