Facebook keeps changing the UI of its applications like the official Facebook app or the Facebook messenger. Last year in May, the company announced that the Messenger app would get a huge redesign and soon after this new design rolled out for some users, not everyone was happy with this. Now that the rollout has happened for everyone, there is one feature that you may be missing, and that’s Dark Mode.
Yes, it was officially announced that Dark Mode would eventually arrive with this new design update, but still, there is no way to enable it. Maybe in the coming days, this option will be added to Messenger. Still, if you cannot wait and want to try the Dark mode right now, then there is a way to Get Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger. The catch is that a rooted device is required for this since you have to make some changes to the app’s settings that are not possible without root.
HOW TO ENABLE DARK MODE IN FACEBOOK MESSENGER
Here are the apps that you need to have on your phone for this to work –
- A Terminal Application like ‘Termux’
- Latest Beta version of Facebook Messenger. You can download the latest version from APKMirror
NOTE – As per some users who tried this method, you need to first remove the already installed Messenger app and then install the latest Beta version and set it up before you try the steps below.
Now that you have both the required apps, follow the steps below –
- Open Termux (or any other Terminal app that you downloaded) and type the following command. So basically, this command is used to ask for Superuser rights, and once you type this command and hit enter, you will see a new window where you need to Grant the rights.
- Now, type this command and hit enter –
am start -n “com.facebook.orca/com.facebook.abtest.gkprefs.GkSettingsListActivity”
- Once you tap enter, you will now see a new screen with the option named ‘Search Gatekeepers.’ Tap on this option and search for ‘dark.’
- You will see a few search results with values either ‘Yes’ or ‘No.’ Here, the only thing that you need to do is to tap on those that are ‘No’ and this will enable them, i.e., make the value ‘Yes.’ One everything is ‘Yes,’ that’s it.
- Finally, simply close ‘Termux’ and Messenger app. Now, reopen Facebook Messenger. You won’t see Dark Theme but don’t worry. Tap on your Profile Picture, and there, you will find an option ‘Dark Mode.’ Simply turn the toggle ‘ON,’ and you will Get Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger.
So, these are the steps that you need to follow if you want to Enable Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger right now and don’t want to wait for the official rollout. Since the new Messenger UI is now already here, we hope Dark Mode will also arrive in coming weeks.
SOURCE – XDA
Samsung Galaxy A20s specifications confirmed once again
Almost a week ago, we got the specifications of upcoming Samsung Galaxy A20s & while there were some doubts regarding...
Vivo NEX 3 5G specs revealed ahead of the official launch
A couple of weeks back, we got the know that Vivo NEX 3 5G is debuting in China on September...
OnePlus 7T & OnePlus 7T Pro Full Spec sheet is now out
We know how the upcoming OnePlus 7T & OnePlus 7T Pro look like, as well as some specifications of the...
Realme XT launched in India, price starts at Rs 15,999
Today, Realme XT launched in India as the first smartphone to launch with a 64 Megapixel camera in the Indian...
Samsung Galaxy M10s with sAMOLED screen coming soon
Samsung is slowly upgrading its “M” & “A” series phones that launched this year as phones like Galaxy M30s, Galaxy...
Alleged Huawei Mate 30 Pro Full specifications leaked
Today, the alleged retail box of the upcoming Huawei Mate 30 leaked via Weibo that didn’t reveal much except for...
Alleged Images of Huawei Mate 30 retail box leaked
The Huawei Mate 30 Series is launching on September 19 so about a week is now left for the launch...