Facebook keeps changing the UI of its applications like the official Facebook app or the Facebook messenger. Last year in May, the company announced that the Messenger app would get a huge redesign and soon after this new design rolled out for some users, not everyone was happy with this. Now that the rollout has happened for everyone, there is one feature that you may be missing, and that’s Dark Mode.
Yes, it was officially announced that Dark Mode would eventually arrive with this new design update, but still, there is no way to enable it. Maybe in the coming days, this option will be added to Messenger. Still, if you cannot wait and want to try the Dark mode right now, then there is a way to Get Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger. The catch is that a rooted device is required for this since you have to make some changes to the app’s settings that are not possible without root.
HOW TO ENABLE DARK MODE IN FACEBOOK MESSENGER
Here are the apps that you need to have on your phone for this to work –
- A Terminal Application like ‘Termux’
- Latest Beta version of Facebook Messenger. You can download the latest version from APKMirror
NOTE – As per some users who tried this method, you need to first remove the already installed Messenger app and then install the latest Beta version and set it up before you try the steps below.
Now that you have both the required apps, follow the steps below –
- Open Termux (or any other Terminal app that you downloaded) and type the following command. So basically, this command is used to ask for Superuser rights, and once you type this command and hit enter, you will see a new window where you need to Grant the rights.
- Now, type this command and hit enter –
am start -n “com.facebook.orca/com.facebook.abtest.gkprefs.GkSettingsListActivity”
- Once you tap enter, you will now see a new screen with the option named ‘Search Gatekeepers.’ Tap on this option and search for ‘dark.’
- You will see a few search results with values either ‘Yes’ or ‘No.’ Here, the only thing that you need to do is to tap on those that are ‘No’ and this will enable them, i.e., make the value ‘Yes.’ One everything is ‘Yes,’ that’s it.
- Finally, simply close ‘Termux’ and Messenger app. Now, reopen Facebook Messenger. You won’t see Dark Theme but don’t worry. Tap on your Profile Picture, and there, you will find an option ‘Dark Mode.’ Simply turn the toggle ‘ON,’ and you will Get Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger.
So, these are the steps that you need to follow if you want to Enable Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger right now and don’t want to wait for the official rollout. Since the new Messenger UI is now already here, we hope Dark Mode will also arrive in coming weeks.
SOURCE – XDA
Like DroidHolic on Facebook
Meizu gaming phone with Snapdragon 855 in the works, to cost ¥2000-2500
So far we have seen gaming phones from companies like Razer, Xiaomi, Asus and Nubia. Now, another brand is ready...
Samsung Galaxy A40 visits Geekbench with Exynos 7885
Recently, the 6GB variant of Galaxy A50 showed up on Geekbench with the 10nm Exynos 9610 processor and Android Pie....
Samsung Galaxy A50 with Exynos 9610 & 6GB RAM shows up on Geekbench
Samsung is all set to revamp its budget, and mid-range smartphone series with the all-new Galaxy ‘M’ series. Along with...
Honor 10 Lite with Kirin 710 arrives in India for Rs 13,999
In November last year, Honor 10 Lite launched in China at a starting price of 1,399 Yuan or $201 (Rs...
LG V40 ThinQ will soon launch as an Amazon-Exclusive in India
Remember the LG V40 ThinQ that launched last year in October? Well, the phone is soon coming to the Indian...
Samsung Galaxy S10E is the name of the ‘Lite’ model
On February 20, at the Samsung UNPACKED 2019, the company will launch the next Galaxy i.e, the Galaxy S10 lineup....
Is this our first look at OnePlus 7 with bezel-less design & a slider?
The last time we heard about the next smartphone from OnePlus was in December when an image revealed the design...