Facebook keeps changing the UI of its applications like the official Facebook app or the Facebook messenger. Last year in May, the company announced that the Messenger app would get a huge redesign and soon after this new design rolled out for some users, not everyone was happy with this. Now that the rollout has happened for everyone, there is one feature that you may be missing, and that’s Dark Mode.
Yes, it was officially announced that Dark Mode would eventually arrive with this new design update, but still, there is no way to enable it. Maybe in the coming days, this option will be added to Messenger. Still, if you cannot wait and want to try the Dark mode right now, then there is a way to Get Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger. The catch is that a rooted device is required for this since you have to make some changes to the app’s settings that are not possible without root.
HOW TO ENABLE DARK MODE IN FACEBOOK MESSENGER
Here are the apps that you need to have on your phone for this to work –
- A Terminal Application like ‘Termux’
- Latest Beta version of Facebook Messenger. You can download the latest version from APKMirror
NOTE – As per some users who tried this method, you need to first remove the already installed Messenger app and then install the latest Beta version and set it up before you try the steps below.
Now that you have both the required apps, follow the steps below –
- Open Termux (or any other Terminal app that you downloaded) and type the following command. So basically, this command is used to ask for Superuser rights, and once you type this command and hit enter, you will see a new window where you need to Grant the rights.
- Now, type this command and hit enter –
am start -n “com.facebook.orca/com.facebook.abtest.gkprefs.GkSettingsListActivity”
- Once you tap enter, you will now see a new screen with the option named ‘Search Gatekeepers.’ Tap on this option and search for ‘dark.’
- You will see a few search results with values either ‘Yes’ or ‘No.’ Here, the only thing that you need to do is to tap on those that are ‘No’ and this will enable them, i.e., make the value ‘Yes.’ One everything is ‘Yes,’ that’s it.
- Finally, simply close ‘Termux’ and Messenger app. Now, reopen Facebook Messenger. You won’t see Dark Theme but don’t worry. Tap on your Profile Picture, and there, you will find an option ‘Dark Mode.’ Simply turn the toggle ‘ON,’ and you will Get Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger.
So, these are the steps that you need to follow if you want to Enable Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger right now and don’t want to wait for the official rollout. Since the new Messenger UI is now already here, we hope Dark Mode will also arrive in coming weeks.
SOURCE – XDA
More Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite (SM-G770F) details emerge
A week earlier, we got a leak that revealed the color options as well as the screen sizes of the...
Honor V30 press renders reveal dual selfie cameras & hole-punch display
The Honor V30 is launching in China on November 26th, so just a week is now left for the launch...
Realme 5s confirmed to launch with Snapdragon 665 SOC
A couple of days back, we first got to know a couple of details of the Realme 5s that is...
Xiaomi is ready to launch its eReader on November 20
Amazon’s Kindle lineup has the most popular eReaders not only in India but in other countries also. There are no...
At 2.98mm, Vivo S5 has the smallest hole-punch on any phone
Just when we thought the trend of hole-punch displays is over, we have started getting more & more phones with...
Foldable Motorola Razr is now official with a clamshell design
Oh Boy! It’s finally official & it’s impressive. Well, that was my reaction when Motorola unveiled its Foldable Motorola Razr...
Realme 5s coming with a 48MP camera & 5,000mAh battery
Yesterday, we got to know via Flipkart that Realme 5s is launching soon in India. Today, Flipkart revealed a couple...