Facebook keeps changing the UI of its applications like the official Facebook app or the Facebook messenger. Last year in May, the company announced that the Messenger app would get a huge redesign and soon after this new design rolled out for some users, not everyone was happy with this. Now that the rollout has happened for everyone, there is one feature that you may be missing, and that’s Dark Mode.
Yes, it was officially announced that Dark Mode would eventually arrive with this new design update, but still, there is no way to enable it. Maybe in the coming days, this option will be added to Messenger. Still, if you cannot wait and want to try the Dark mode right now, then there is a way to Get Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger. The catch is that a rooted device is required for this since you have to make some changes to the app’s settings that are not possible without root.
HOW TO ENABLE DARK MODE IN FACEBOOK MESSENGER
Here are the apps that you need to have on your phone for this to work –
- A Terminal Application like ‘Termux’
- Latest Beta version of Facebook Messenger. You can download the latest version from APKMirror
NOTE – As per some users who tried this method, you need to first remove the already installed Messenger app and then install the latest Beta version and set it up before you try the steps below.
Now that you have both the required apps, follow the steps below –
- Open Termux (or any other Terminal app that you downloaded) and type the following command. So basically, this command is used to ask for Superuser rights, and once you type this command and hit enter, you will see a new window where you need to Grant the rights.
- Now, type this command and hit enter –
am start -n “com.facebook.orca/com.facebook.abtest.gkprefs.GkSettingsListActivity”
- Once you tap enter, you will now see a new screen with the option named ‘Search Gatekeepers.’ Tap on this option and search for ‘dark.’
- You will see a few search results with values either ‘Yes’ or ‘No.’ Here, the only thing that you need to do is to tap on those that are ‘No’ and this will enable them, i.e., make the value ‘Yes.’ One everything is ‘Yes,’ that’s it.
- Finally, simply close ‘Termux’ and Messenger app. Now, reopen Facebook Messenger. You won’t see Dark Theme but don’t worry. Tap on your Profile Picture, and there, you will find an option ‘Dark Mode.’ Simply turn the toggle ‘ON,’ and you will Get Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger.
So, these are the steps that you need to follow if you want to Enable Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger right now and don’t want to wait for the official rollout. Since the new Messenger UI is now already here, we hope Dark Mode will also arrive in coming weeks.
SOURCE – XDA
Rumor – Samsung Galaxy A90 launching with 8nm Snapdragon 7150
Recently, Samsung itself confirmed that the Galaxy A90 is coming with a notchless Infinity Display. We already know that it...
Motorola One Vision press render leaks, hole-punch display confirmed
Recently, the Motorola One Vision showed up on Geekbench with the Samsung’s Exynos 9610 chipset, but it wasn’t confirmed if...
Samsung confirms Notchless Infinity screen on the Galaxy A90
It looks like companies like to reveal details about their upcoming devices. Recently, Huawei accidentally made the page for the...
Huawei P30 & P30 Pro page accidently goes live on the official site
Huawei will launch the P30 series on March 26th, but it looks like the company doesn’t want to make us...
More details of the Motorola One Vision with Exynos 9610 surface
A few days back, Motorola One Vision showed up on Geekbench with Exynos 9610 processor, and since a lot of...
Moto G7 with Snapdragon 632 is launching in India on March 25th
Motorola isn’t doing great from the past couple of years when it comes to smartphones. The company does launch phones...
Samsung Galaxy A40 press renders reveal the design, launching soon
Samsung will unveil a few new ‘A’ series phones on April 10th, and there are rumors of the Galaxy A60,...