Facebook keeps changing the UI of its applications like the official Facebook app or the Facebook messenger. Last year in May, the company announced that the Messenger app would get a huge redesign and soon after this new design rolled out for some users, not everyone was happy with this. Now that the rollout has happened for everyone, there is one feature that you may be missing, and that’s Dark Mode.
Yes, it was officially announced that Dark Mode would eventually arrive with this new design update, but still, there is no way to enable it. Maybe in the coming days, this option will be added to Messenger. Still, if you cannot wait and want to try the Dark mode right now, then there is a way to Get Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger. The catch is that a rooted device is required for this since you have to make some changes to the app’s settings that are not possible without root.
HOW TO ENABLE DARK MODE IN FACEBOOK MESSENGER
Here are the apps that you need to have on your phone for this to work –
- A Terminal Application like ‘Termux’
- Latest Beta version of Facebook Messenger. You can download the latest version from APKMirror
NOTE – As per some users who tried this method, you need to first remove the already installed Messenger app and then install the latest Beta version and set it up before you try the steps below.
Now that you have both the required apps, follow the steps below –
- Open Termux (or any other Terminal app that you downloaded) and type the following command. So basically, this command is used to ask for Superuser rights, and once you type this command and hit enter, you will see a new window where you need to Grant the rights.
- Now, type this command and hit enter –
am start -n “com.facebook.orca/com.facebook.abtest.gkprefs.GkSettingsListActivity”
- Once you tap enter, you will now see a new screen with the option named ‘Search Gatekeepers.’ Tap on this option and search for ‘dark.’
- You will see a few search results with values either ‘Yes’ or ‘No.’ Here, the only thing that you need to do is to tap on those that are ‘No’ and this will enable them, i.e., make the value ‘Yes.’ One everything is ‘Yes,’ that’s it.
- Finally, simply close ‘Termux’ and Messenger app. Now, reopen Facebook Messenger. You won’t see Dark Theme but don’t worry. Tap on your Profile Picture, and there, you will find an option ‘Dark Mode.’ Simply turn the toggle ‘ON,’ and you will Get Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger.
So, these are the steps that you need to follow if you want to Enable Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger right now and don’t want to wait for the official rollout. Since the new Messenger UI is now already here, we hope Dark Mode will also arrive in coming weeks.
SOURCE – XDA
Infinix Note 7 & Note 7 Lite launched with punch-hole design
Infinix launched two new smartphones today under the ‘Note 7’ series named Infinix Note 7 and Note 7 Lite. These...
Moto G8 Power Lite is now official with Helio P35 SOC
In February we got the Moto G8 Power, and today Motorola launched yet another device under the Moto G8 family...
Honor 30 confirmed to feature 50MP Sony IMX700 camera
A few days back the Honor 30S launched in China with the Kirin 820 5G SOC and Quad rear cameras...
OnePlus 8 Pro press renders leak in all the color options
As OnePlus has already announced, the OnePlus 8 Series is set to launch on April 14th, so a couple of...
Vivo S6 5G launched with Exynos 980 SOC & Quad Cameras
In November last year, Vivo S5 was unveiled as the phone with the smallest punch-hole cutout at the time of...
OnePlus 8 Series launch set to happen on April 14th
Until now, we didn’t have any information regarding the launch date of OnePlus 8 Series, but now the company has...
Honor 30S launched with Kirin 820 5G SOC & Quad Cameras
Honor launched a new mid-range phone today in China named the Honor 30S. As the name indicates, it is the...