Facebook keeps changing the UI of its applications like the official Facebook app or the Facebook messenger. Last year in May, the company announced that the Messenger app would get a huge redesign and soon after this new design rolled out for some users, not everyone was happy with this. Now that the rollout has happened for everyone, there is one feature that you may be missing, and that’s Dark Mode.
Yes, it was officially announced that Dark Mode would eventually arrive with this new design update, but still, there is no way to enable it. Maybe in the coming days, this option will be added to Messenger. Still, if you cannot wait and want to try the Dark mode right now, then there is a way to Get Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger. The catch is that a rooted device is required for this since you have to make some changes to the app’s settings that are not possible without root.
HOW TO ENABLE DARK MODE IN FACEBOOK MESSENGER
Here are the apps that you need to have on your phone for this to work –
- A Terminal Application like ‘Termux’
- Latest Beta version of Facebook Messenger. You can download the latest version from APKMirror
NOTE – As per some users who tried this method, you need to first remove the already installed Messenger app and then install the latest Beta version and set it up before you try the steps below.
Now that you have both the required apps, follow the steps below –
- Open Termux (or any other Terminal app that you downloaded) and type the following command. So basically, this command is used to ask for Superuser rights, and once you type this command and hit enter, you will see a new window where you need to Grant the rights.
- Now, type this command and hit enter –
am start -n “com.facebook.orca/com.facebook.abtest.gkprefs.GkSettingsListActivity”
- Once you tap enter, you will now see a new screen with the option named ‘Search Gatekeepers.’ Tap on this option and search for ‘dark.’
- You will see a few search results with values either ‘Yes’ or ‘No.’ Here, the only thing that you need to do is to tap on those that are ‘No’ and this will enable them, i.e., make the value ‘Yes.’ One everything is ‘Yes,’ that’s it.
- Finally, simply close ‘Termux’ and Messenger app. Now, reopen Facebook Messenger. You won’t see Dark Theme but don’t worry. Tap on your Profile Picture, and there, you will find an option ‘Dark Mode.’ Simply turn the toggle ‘ON,’ and you will Get Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger.
So, these are the steps that you need to follow if you want to Enable Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger right now and don’t want to wait for the official rollout. Since the new Messenger UI is now already here, we hope Dark Mode will also arrive in coming weeks.
SOURCE – XDA
Xiaomi Mi 10T & Mi 10T Pro launched with Snapdragon 865
Along with the mid-ranger Mi 10T Lite 5G, Xiaomi also launched two flagships today under the Mi 10T series named...
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite 5G with Snapdragon 750G launched
Today, Xiaomi launched three phones under the Mi 10T Series globally & the Mi 10T Lite is the cheapest among...
Here are the full specifications of Xiaomi Mi 10T & Mi 10T Pro
A couple of days ago, Xiaomi announced the September 30th launch event for its Mi 10T Series that includes the...
Realme 7i launch in India teased by company’s CEO
Realme is on a launch spree this month as the company launched Realme 7 & Realme 7 Pro at the...
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE with Snapdragon 865 5G comes at $699
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE is official & with this phone, there are now four phones under the Galaxy S20 Series...
Xiaomi Mi 10T Series to go official on September 30th
Xiaomi Mi 10T Series will go official on the 30th of September & it was announced by Xiaomi today on...
Nokia 7.3 CAD renders give us a pretty good look at the device
At the IFA Berlin last year in September, Nokia 7.2 launched with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SOC, triple rear cameras...