Facebook keeps changing the UI of its applications like the official Facebook app or the Facebook messenger. Last year in May, the company announced that the Messenger app would get a huge redesign and soon after this new design rolled out for some users, not everyone was happy with this. Now that the rollout has happened for everyone, there is one feature that you may be missing, and that’s Dark Mode.
Yes, it was officially announced that Dark Mode would eventually arrive with this new design update, but still, there is no way to enable it. Maybe in the coming days, this option will be added to Messenger. Still, if you cannot wait and want to try the Dark mode right now, then there is a way to Get Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger. The catch is that a rooted device is required for this since you have to make some changes to the app’s settings that are not possible without root.
HOW TO ENABLE DARK MODE IN FACEBOOK MESSENGER
Here are the apps that you need to have on your phone for this to work –
- A Terminal Application like ‘Termux’
- Latest Beta version of Facebook Messenger. You can download the latest version from APKMirror
NOTE – As per some users who tried this method, you need to first remove the already installed Messenger app and then install the latest Beta version and set it up before you try the steps below.
Now that you have both the required apps, follow the steps below –
- Open Termux (or any other Terminal app that you downloaded) and type the following command. So basically, this command is used to ask for Superuser rights, and once you type this command and hit enter, you will see a new window where you need to Grant the rights.
- Now, type this command and hit enter –
am start -n “com.facebook.orca/com.facebook.abtest.gkprefs.GkSettingsListActivity”
- Once you tap enter, you will now see a new screen with the option named ‘Search Gatekeepers.’ Tap on this option and search for ‘dark.’
- You will see a few search results with values either ‘Yes’ or ‘No.’ Here, the only thing that you need to do is to tap on those that are ‘No’ and this will enable them, i.e., make the value ‘Yes.’ One everything is ‘Yes,’ that’s it.
- Finally, simply close ‘Termux’ and Messenger app. Now, reopen Facebook Messenger. You won’t see Dark Theme but don’t worry. Tap on your Profile Picture, and there, you will find an option ‘Dark Mode.’ Simply turn the toggle ‘ON,’ and you will Get Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger.
So, these are the steps that you need to follow if you want to Enable Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger right now and don’t want to wait for the official rollout. Since the new Messenger UI is now already here, we hope Dark Mode will also arrive in coming weeks.
SOURCE – XDA
Super affordable Redmi 7A announced with Snapdragon 439
Redmi just announced its super affordable device, the Redmi 7A. As the name suggests, it is a successor to the...
Redmi K20 price to start at 2,599 Yuan, leak suggests
A few days are now left of the much-awaited launch of Redmi K20 in China & we know a lot...
Redmi K20’s gradient design revealed in the official image
Redmi K20 is launching on May 28 so less than a week is now left for the launch of much...
It’s official! Redmi K20 to launch on May 28 in China
Redmi revealed yesterday that it would announce something today related to its upcoming flagship. No, the Redmi K20 didn’t launch...
Redmi Note 7s official with 48MP camera, price starts at Rs 10,999
Redmi just announced a new “Note” series phone in India today, the Redmi Note 7s. As the name suggests, it...
Honor 20 press renders reveal quad cameras & side-facing fingerprint scanner
The Honor 20 series will launch on May 21 in London & there are only a couple of days left...
Meizu 16Xs with triple cameras shows up on TENAA
The Meizu 16s launched in China last month with flagship specifications & aggressive pricing. Now, the company is planning to launch...