Facebook keeps changing the UI of its applications like the official Facebook app or the Facebook messenger. Last year in May, the company announced that the Messenger app would get a huge redesign and soon after this new design rolled out for some users, not everyone was happy with this. Now that the rollout has happened for everyone, there is one feature that you may be missing, and that’s Dark Mode.
Yes, it was officially announced that Dark Mode would eventually arrive with this new design update, but still, there is no way to enable it. Maybe in the coming days, this option will be added to Messenger. Still, if you cannot wait and want to try the Dark mode right now, then there is a way to Get Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger. The catch is that a rooted device is required for this since you have to make some changes to the app’s settings that are not possible without root.
HOW TO ENABLE DARK MODE IN FACEBOOK MESSENGER
Here are the apps that you need to have on your phone for this to work –
- A Terminal Application like ‘Termux’
- Latest Beta version of Facebook Messenger. You can download the latest version from APKMirror
NOTE – As per some users who tried this method, you need to first remove the already installed Messenger app and then install the latest Beta version and set it up before you try the steps below.
Now that you have both the required apps, follow the steps below –
- Open Termux (or any other Terminal app that you downloaded) and type the following command. So basically, this command is used to ask for Superuser rights, and once you type this command and hit enter, you will see a new window where you need to Grant the rights.
- Now, type this command and hit enter –
am start -n “com.facebook.orca/com.facebook.abtest.gkprefs.GkSettingsListActivity”
- Once you tap enter, you will now see a new screen with the option named ‘Search Gatekeepers.’ Tap on this option and search for ‘dark.’
- You will see a few search results with values either ‘Yes’ or ‘No.’ Here, the only thing that you need to do is to tap on those that are ‘No’ and this will enable them, i.e., make the value ‘Yes.’ One everything is ‘Yes,’ that’s it.
- Finally, simply close ‘Termux’ and Messenger app. Now, reopen Facebook Messenger. You won’t see Dark Theme but don’t worry. Tap on your Profile Picture, and there, you will find an option ‘Dark Mode.’ Simply turn the toggle ‘ON,’ and you will Get Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger.
So, these are the steps that you need to follow if you want to Enable Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger right now and don’t want to wait for the official rollout. Since the new Messenger UI is now already here, we hope Dark Mode will also arrive in coming weeks.
SOURCE – XDA
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite launches in India at Rs 39,999
A couple of days after the launch of Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite in India, Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite launched...
Wait a minute! Did Poco just tease the Poco X2?
After Poco was announced as an independent brand, the company updated its branding on its social media pages that includes...
Motorola Edge+ launching this year, could be a flagship
Last year, we got a lot of smartphones from Motorola & most of them were budget or mid-range phones. The...
Samsung Galaxy S20 series & Galaxy Z Flip pricing leaks
Almost three weeks are still left for the much-awaited launch of Samsung Galaxy S20 series on February 11th, and so...
Redmi K30 Pro spotted on Geekbench with Snapdragon 865
In December last year, Redmi K30 went official in China with a starting price of 1,599 Yuan and 1,999 Yuan...
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite launches in India at Rs 38,999
At the beginning of January this year, Samsung announced two phones named Galaxy Note 10 Lite & Galaxy S10 Lite...
Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G, 662 & 460 announced
At an event in New Delhi, India, Qualcomm announced three new SOCs named Snapdragon 720G, Snapdragon 662 & Snapdragon 460....