Facebook keeps changing the UI of its applications like the official Facebook app or the Facebook messenger. Last year in May, the company announced that the Messenger app would get a huge redesign and soon after this new design rolled out for some users, not everyone was happy with this. Now that the rollout has happened for everyone, there is one feature that you may be missing, and that’s Dark Mode.
Yes, it was officially announced that Dark Mode would eventually arrive with this new design update, but still, there is no way to enable it. Maybe in the coming days, this option will be added to Messenger. Still, if you cannot wait and want to try the Dark mode right now, then there is a way to Get Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger. The catch is that a rooted device is required for this since you have to make some changes to the app’s settings that are not possible without root.
HOW TO ENABLE DARK MODE IN FACEBOOK MESSENGER
Here are the apps that you need to have on your phone for this to work –
- A Terminal Application like ‘Termux’
- Latest Beta version of Facebook Messenger. You can download the latest version from APKMirror
NOTE – As per some users who tried this method, you need to first remove the already installed Messenger app and then install the latest Beta version and set it up before you try the steps below.
Now that you have both the required apps, follow the steps below –
- Open Termux (or any other Terminal app that you downloaded) and type the following command. So basically, this command is used to ask for Superuser rights, and once you type this command and hit enter, you will see a new window where you need to Grant the rights.
- Now, type this command and hit enter –
am start -n “com.facebook.orca/com.facebook.abtest.gkprefs.GkSettingsListActivity”
- Once you tap enter, you will now see a new screen with the option named ‘Search Gatekeepers.’ Tap on this option and search for ‘dark.’
- You will see a few search results with values either ‘Yes’ or ‘No.’ Here, the only thing that you need to do is to tap on those that are ‘No’ and this will enable them, i.e., make the value ‘Yes.’ One everything is ‘Yes,’ that’s it.
- Finally, simply close ‘Termux’ and Messenger app. Now, reopen Facebook Messenger. You won’t see Dark Theme but don’t worry. Tap on your Profile Picture, and there, you will find an option ‘Dark Mode.’ Simply turn the toggle ‘ON,’ and you will Get Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger.
So, these are the steps that you need to follow if you want to Enable Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger right now and don’t want to wait for the official rollout. Since the new Messenger UI is now already here, we hope Dark Mode will also arrive in coming weeks.
SOURCE – XDA
Xiaomi Mi A3 Official with Snapdragon 665 & 4,030mAh battery
Xiaomi quietly launched the Mi A3 today in Spain & yes, all the leaks were correct. The “Pro” version was...
Redmi K20 & K20 Pro launched in India, price starts at Rs 21,999
Two months back in China, Redmi K20 and K20 Pro launched with some impressive specifications & pricing. Today, both the...
Xiaomi Mi A3 gets the unboxing treatment, everything confirmed
Xiaomi Mi A3 is launching tomorrow in Spain & so far, we have seen the official press renders as well...
Asus ROG Phone 2 with Snapdragon 855 Plus shows up on Geekbench
We already know that Asus ROG Phone 2 is going to be the first device featuring Snapdragon 855 Plus processor...
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 with Exynos 9825 visits Geekbench
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 series is launching officially on August 7 & so far, we know how the Galaxy Note...
Asus ROG Phone 2 hands-on images leaked
The Asus ROG Phone 2 is expected to launch on July 23rd in China & the company also revealed that...
Asus ROG Phone 2 will be first to feature Snapdragon 855 Plus
In 2016, Qualcomm launched two Snapdragon 8-series processors, the 820 & 821, in two halves of the year. We didn’t...