Download Lineage OS For Redmi Note 3
Last year, Xiaomi made new record via its device, the Redmi Note 3 as this phone became the highest selling smartphone online. For more than 2-3 months, some users weren’t able to get this phone because it went out of stock everytime the sale started. It’s been almost a year since the launch of the phone but still, the users are waiting for Android Nougat Update. Well, no need to wait more as now you can Download Lineage OS For Redmi Note 3. In this tutorial, we will show you step by step how to do this.
Reminding you again, the Lineage OS is nothing but just a renamed CyanogenMod and the team behind the Lineage OS is the same. The name was changed because Cyanogen announced shutting down of all its services meaning no support for the CyanogenMod officially. This gave rise to Lineage OS. Just a few days ago, the official blog announced that Official Lineage OS builds are coming. Anyways. let’s continue with our article.
STEPS TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LINEAGE OS FOR REDMI NOTE 3
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE ROM:
- Download the .zip file of the ROM from the official site here. Once downloaded, make sure to copy and paste the ROM file as well as the GAPPS file to your phone i.e Redmi Note 3
- Now, next thing you need to do is Boot into the recovery and this time, you will need CWM or TWRP installed so make sure you have any of these two recoveries installed on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.
- Do some normal things like Wiping the Cache, Clearing the data, Clearing the Dalvik Cache, and lastly, Format the system partition. Keep in mind that all your data will be deleted permanently so consider taking backup of everything.
- First of all, select the zip file of Lineage OS ROM for Redmi Note 3 and then, flash it. Once done, do the same for the GAPPS file. It is necessary because you won’t get Google apps in ROM file itself so you have to flash it separately.
Like DroidHolic on Facebook
Motorola One shows up on TENAA with an HD+ display & 3,000mAh battery
Motorola recently launched the Moto Z3 and Motorola P30 in China, but we still don’t know when the Motorola One...
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 pricing for India leaks, 6GB + 128GB for Rs 25,000!
Xiaomi, on August 22, will launch its first smartphone under the new sub-brand ‘Poco’ and the device is going to...
List of phones getting Android Pie Update (Android 9)
Google announced Android Pie on August 6, and as expected, the Google Pixel devices were the first to get updated...
Huawei confirms the Mate 20 series will feature 7nm Kirin 980 chipset
Huawei was the first to launch a mobile chipset with an integrated Neural Network Processing Unit when the company announced...
Realme 2 with a notch & fingerprint scanner shows up on official site
At the end of July, Realme announced that it is now a standalone brand. Also, Oppo’s Vice President (Sky Li)...
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 with Snapdragon 845 benchmarked on Geekbench
On August 22, Xiaomi will launch its first smartphone under the new sub-brand ‘Poco’, and this is going to be...
Oppo teases dual aperture camera on the Oppo R17 Pro
Oppo recently announced the R17 and it is the world’s first smartphone to feature the all-new Snapdragon 670 processor and...