Download Lineage OS For Redmi Note 3
Last year, Xiaomi made new record via its device, the Redmi Note 3 as this phone became the highest selling smartphone online. For more than 2-3 months, some users weren’t able to get this phone because it went out of stock everytime the sale started. It’s been almost a year since the launch of the phone but still, the users are waiting for Android Nougat Update. Well, no need to wait more as now you can Download Lineage OS For Redmi Note 3. In this tutorial, we will show you step by step how to do this.
Reminding you again, the Lineage OS is nothing but just a renamed CyanogenMod and the team behind the Lineage OS is the same. The name was changed because Cyanogen announced shutting down of all its services meaning no support for the CyanogenMod officially. This gave rise to Lineage OS. Just a few days ago, the official blog announced that Official Lineage OS builds are coming. Anyways. let’s continue with our article.
STEPS TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LINEAGE OS FOR REDMI NOTE 3
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE ROM:
- Download the .zip file of the ROM from the official site here. Once downloaded, make sure to copy and paste the ROM file as well as the GAPPS file to your phone i.e Redmi Note 3
- Now, next thing you need to do is Boot into the recovery and this time, you will need CWM or TWRP installed so make sure you have any of these two recoveries installed on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.
- Do some normal things like Wiping the Cache, Clearing the data, Clearing the Dalvik Cache, and lastly, Format the system partition. Keep in mind that all your data will be deleted permanently so consider taking backup of everything.
- First of all, select the zip file of Lineage OS ROM for Redmi Note 3 and then, flash it. Once done, do the same for the GAPPS file. It is necessary because you won’t get Google apps in ROM file itself so you have to flash it separately.
Like DroidHolic on Facebook
5G Variant of Samsung Galaxy S10 has six cameras in total
Next year in February, Samsung is launching the Galaxy S10 lineup that is expected to feature S10 Lite, S10 and...
CEO Jerry Shen resigns as Asus shifts focus to power users & gamers
2018 was a great year for the smartphone division of Asus. The company launched phones in every price segment, and...
Huawei Nova 4 press renders leaked, 48MP main camera confirmed
Samsung is the first to announce a phone with a display hole for the front camera, and Huawei is the...
MediaTek Helio P90 announced with 2nd Gen APU & IMG PowerVR GPU
As expected, the MediaTek Helio P90 was announced in China today, and this chipset comes with some huge improvements over...
MediaTek Helio P70 vs Snapdragon 660 – The battle of the mid-rangers
MediaTek Helio P70 is already here, and we have Realme U1 as the first smartphone featuring this chipset. But, how...
Vivo NEX Dual Display Edition has triple cameras & two screens
Nope, it’s not the NEX 2 or 2nd Generation Vivo NEX. The company launched its latest NEX-series phone named Vivo...
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 & Max M2 launched in India
Finally, the much awaited Zenfones launched in India today, and it looks like Asus just killed almost every phone priced...