Download Lineage OS For OnePlus One
OnePlus came into existence via the OnePlus One which just blew all the competition out there. It was from there, every phone of the company was named as ‘Flagship Killer, ‘ and indeed, the OnePlus One was a flagship killer at the time of its launch because there was no other phone better than this device. Even today, this is one of the best phones for regular users as well as for developers because there will be hardly any stock ROM that is not available for this device. So, we now have the official Lineage OS for OnePlus One and in this quick tutorial, we will show you how to Download Lineage OS for Oneplus One and also how to install it.
Reminding you again, the Lineage OS is nothing but just a renamed CyanogenMod and the team behind the Lineage OS is the same. The name was changed because Cyanogen announced shutting down of all its services meaning no support for the CyanogenMod officially. This gave rise to Lineage OS. Just a few days ago, the official blog announced that Official Lineage OS builds are coming. Anyways. let’s continue with our article.
STEPS TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LINEAGE OS FOR ONEPLUS ONE
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE ROM:
- Download the .zip file of the ROM from the official site here. Once downloaded, make sure to copy and paste the ROM file as well as the GAPPS file to your phone i.e OnePlus One.
- Now, next thing you need to do is Boot into the recovery and this time, you will need CWM or TWRP installed so make sure you have any of these two recoveries installed on your phone.
- Do some normal things like Wiping the Cache, Clearing the data, Clearing the Dalvik Cache, and lastly, Format the system partition. Keep in mind that all your data will be deleted permanently so consider taking backup of everything.
- First of all, select the zip file of Lineage OS ROM for OnePlus One and then, flash it. Once done, do the same for the GAPPS file. It is necessary because you won’t get Google apps in ROM file itself so you have to flash it separately.
IN CASE YOU ARE UPGRADING FROM EARLIER VERSION OF LINEAGE OS 14.1 FOR ONEPLUS ONE:
- Copy the latest OnePlus One Lineage 14.1 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Flash the latest CM ROM ZIP from your phone.
- Then flash the Lineage 14.1 Nougat GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy
Well, these are the steps to Download and Install the Lineage OS ROM based on Android Nougat 7.1.1 for OnePlus One. The download links are given below so do check them out. Stay tuned!
More Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite (SM-G770F) details emerge
A week earlier, we got a leak that revealed the color options as well as the screen sizes of the...
Honor V30 press renders reveal dual selfie cameras & hole-punch display
The Honor V30 is launching in China on November 26th, so just a week is now left for the launch...
Realme 5s confirmed to launch with Snapdragon 665 SOC
A couple of days back, we first got to know a couple of details of the Realme 5s that is...
Xiaomi is ready to launch its eReader on November 20
Amazon’s Kindle lineup has the most popular eReaders not only in India but in other countries also. There are no...
At 2.98mm, Vivo S5 has the smallest hole-punch on any phone
Just when we thought the trend of hole-punch displays is over, we have started getting more & more phones with...
Foldable Motorola Razr is now official with a clamshell design
Oh Boy! It’s finally official & it’s impressive. Well, that was my reaction when Motorola unveiled its Foldable Motorola Razr...
Realme 5s coming with a 48MP camera & 5,000mAh battery
Yesterday, we got to know via Flipkart that Realme 5s is launching soon in India. Today, Flipkart revealed a couple...