Download Lineage OS For OnePlus One
OnePlus came into existence via the OnePlus One which just blew all the competition out there. It was from there, every phone of the company was named as ‘Flagship Killer, ‘ and indeed, the OnePlus One was a flagship killer at the time of its launch because there was no other phone better than this device. Even today, this is one of the best phones for regular users as well as for developers because there will be hardly any stock ROM that is not available for this device. So, we now have the official Lineage OS for OnePlus One and in this quick tutorial, we will show you how to Download Lineage OS for Oneplus One and also how to install it.
Reminding you again, the Lineage OS is nothing but just a renamed CyanogenMod and the team behind the Lineage OS is the same. The name was changed because Cyanogen announced shutting down of all its services meaning no support for the CyanogenMod officially. This gave rise to Lineage OS. Just a few days ago, the official blog announced that Official Lineage OS builds are coming. Anyways. let’s continue with our article.
STEPS TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LINEAGE OS FOR ONEPLUS ONE
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE ROM:
- Download the .zip file of the ROM from the official site here. Once downloaded, make sure to copy and paste the ROM file as well as the GAPPS file to your phone i.e OnePlus One.
- Now, next thing you need to do is Boot into the recovery and this time, you will need CWM or TWRP installed so make sure you have any of these two recoveries installed on your phone.
- Do some normal things like Wiping the Cache, Clearing the data, Clearing the Dalvik Cache, and lastly, Format the system partition. Keep in mind that all your data will be deleted permanently so consider taking backup of everything.
- First of all, select the zip file of Lineage OS ROM for OnePlus One and then, flash it. Once done, do the same for the GAPPS file. It is necessary because you won’t get Google apps in ROM file itself so you have to flash it separately.
IN CASE YOU ARE UPGRADING FROM EARLIER VERSION OF LINEAGE OS 14.1 FOR ONEPLUS ONE:
- Copy the latest OnePlus One Lineage 14.1 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Flash the latest CM ROM ZIP from your phone.
- Then flash the Lineage 14.1 Nougat GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy
Well, these are the steps to Download and Install the Lineage OS ROM based on Android Nougat 7.1.1 for OnePlus One. The download links are given below so do check them out. Stay tuned!
The specifications of Redmi flagship with Snapdragon 855 leaked, again
We have already seen a few phones from the “Redmi” brand by Xiaomi like the Redmi Note 7, Note 7...
OnePlus 7 Pro European pricing & color options leaked
So, May 14th it is. The OnePlus 7 series is launching that day & as you probably know by now,...
Alleged Meizu 16s Plus specs include Triple cameras & Wireless Charging
The Meizu 16s launched recently in China with the Snapdragon 855 processor & a 48 Megapixel camera on the back....
Xiaomi launches Redmi Y3 & Redmi 7 in India, price starts at Rs 7,999
Xiaomi launched two new budget phones in India today under the “Redmi” brand named Redmi Y3 & Redmi 7. The...
Oppo Reno series goes global, Reno, Reno 10X Zoom & Reno 5G
A couple of weeks after the China launch, the Oppo Reno series launched globally today, and the series includes three...
Meizu 16s goes official with Snapdragon 855 & 48MP rear camera
Meizu launches some really good value for money phones in every price segment but most of its “best” phones don’t...
Save the Date! OnePlus 7 series confirmed to launch on May 14
Pete Lau, the Founder & CEO of OnePlus, announced on April 19th that he would reveal the launch date of...