Download Lineage OS For OnePlus One
OnePlus came into existence via the OnePlus One which just blew all the competition out there. It was from there, every phone of the company was named as ‘Flagship Killer, ‘ and indeed, the OnePlus One was a flagship killer at the time of its launch because there was no other phone better than this device. Even today, this is one of the best phones for regular users as well as for developers because there will be hardly any stock ROM that is not available for this device. So, we now have the official Lineage OS for OnePlus One and in this quick tutorial, we will show you how to Download Lineage OS for Oneplus One and also how to install it.
Reminding you again, the Lineage OS is nothing but just a renamed CyanogenMod and the team behind the Lineage OS is the same. The name was changed because Cyanogen announced shutting down of all its services meaning no support for the CyanogenMod officially. This gave rise to Lineage OS. Just a few days ago, the official blog announced that Official Lineage OS builds are coming. Anyways. let’s continue with our article.
STEPS TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LINEAGE OS FOR ONEPLUS ONE
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE ROM:
- Download the .zip file of the ROM from the official site here. Once downloaded, make sure to copy and paste the ROM file as well as the GAPPS file to your phone i.e OnePlus One.
- Now, next thing you need to do is Boot into the recovery and this time, you will need CWM or TWRP installed so make sure you have any of these two recoveries installed on your phone.
- Do some normal things like Wiping the Cache, Clearing the data, Clearing the Dalvik Cache, and lastly, Format the system partition. Keep in mind that all your data will be deleted permanently so consider taking backup of everything.
- First of all, select the zip file of Lineage OS ROM for OnePlus One and then, flash it. Once done, do the same for the GAPPS file. It is necessary because you won’t get Google apps in ROM file itself so you have to flash it separately.
IN CASE YOU ARE UPGRADING FROM EARLIER VERSION OF LINEAGE OS 14.1 FOR ONEPLUS ONE:
- Copy the latest OnePlus One Lineage 14.1 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Flash the latest CM ROM ZIP from your phone.
- Then flash the Lineage 14.1 Nougat GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy
Well, these are the steps to Download and Install the Lineage OS ROM based on Android Nougat 7.1.1 for OnePlus One. The download links are given below so do check them out. Stay tuned!
Moto G8 official renders reveal the design & color options
Today, we got to know the specifications of Moto G8 & G8 Power, which could launch at the February 23rd...
Poco X2 120Hz display & side fingerprint scanner confirmed
Just recently, we got to know that Poco X2 is the next smartphone from the company & it is launching...
Motorola sends invites for February 23rd Event, multiple launches expected
January is about to end & Motorola hasn’t launched any device so far in the market. Last year, the company...
Moto G8 & Moto G8 Power to launch with Snapdragon 665
Last year in October, Motorola unveiled two phones under its “G” series name Moto G8 Plus & Moto G8 Play....
Poco X2 officially confirmed, launching on February 4th
A few days earlier, we talked about the Poco X2 easter egg in the video that the company posted online...
Major specifications of Samsung Galaxy Z Flip revealed
A couple of weeks ago, we got to know that the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is the next foldable phone...
This Upcoming Motorola Phone has a stylus
Recently, we got to know the name of one of the phones that Motorola is launching this year. It is...