Ah! Android & its beauty. What differentiates Android from all other mobile operating systems is surely the freedom to customize it the way the user wants.(On your face, iOS!) Launchers are like the building blocks of every Android customization. You cannot expect and in fact cannot do the things with the stock Android launcher that you can do with custom launchers.
When it comes to Android launchers, there are two famous names – Nova Launcher and the Action launcher. We all know Nova Launcher is the king of Android launcher, but still, a lot of users also prefer the Action Launcher which provided almost the same features as the Nova Launcher.
The launcher has got its one of the biggest update so far that adds almost every Android O feature in it like App Shortcuts, Notification Dots, Quick Theme, Google Feed Integration and more.
ACTION LAUNCHER V26 – WHAT’S NEW?
So talking about the new featured that are added, here is the latest changelog for the version 26 –
- NEW: Google Now integration for all! Requires installation of the Action Launcher Google Plugin application.
- NEW: Full Notification Dots support!
- NEW: Long-pressing a shortcut will display a preview of app’s notifications and allow notifications to be dismissed ala Android O. Available when using either Notification Dots or Unread Count.
- NEW: Unread Count support extended to all apps that have a current notification.
- NEW: Android O style App Shortcuts panel.
- NEW: Allow granular control as to which apps display Notification Dots/Unread Count.
- NEW: Android O style widget picker, which displays all relevant widgets for a given shortcut.
- NEW: Directly engage Action Launcher’s Quickedit panel via a shortcut’s long-press pop-up UI.
- NEW: Dedicated “Icons & App Shortcuts” settings page, which is home to all icon related settings.
- NEW: When Google Pill widget is on the left screen edge and Google Now integration is enabled, display a tinted edge background as per Pixel Launcher.
- NEW: Option to adjust the scale of icon indicators.
- NEW: Revamped interface for selecting the apps that are hidden from app drawers.
If you know how to enable the Google Feed in Nova Launcher, then the process is same for Action Launcher. You have to install an extra apk file which is just 0.14MB in size. Download and Install this and you will now get the Google Feed in Action launcher by swiping from left on the homescreen, just like on Google Now Launcher or the Pixel Launcher.
BUT HEY! ITS ALL NOT FREE…
Well, unfortunately, you have to upgrade to Plus version to get all the features like Notification Dots, Quicktheme (wallpaper mode), Unread Badges, Smartsize icons, etc. But other features are available in the free version.
So, what are your views on this Action Launcher’s new update? Do let us know via the comments section.
Xiaomi is ready to launch its eReader on November 20
Amazon’s Kindle line is the most popular eReader not only in India but in other countries also. There are no...
At 2.98mm, Vivo S5 has the smallest hole-punch on any phone
Just when we thought the trend of hole-punch displays is over, we have started getting more & more phones with...
Foldable Motorola Razr is now official with a clamshell design
Oh Boy! It’s finally official & it’s impressive. Well, that was my reaction when Motorola unveiled its Foldable Motorola Razr...
Realme 5s coming with a 48MP camera & 5,000mAh battery
Yesterday, we got to know via Flipkart that Realme 5s is launching soon in India. Today, Flipkart revealed a couple...
Facebook’s upcoming update will allows users to remove notification dots
The upcoming Facebook update will allow Android users to turn off notification dots for some icons, & users will also...
Instagram is working on scenes, a video editing tool just like Tik-Tok
Instagram is testing a new tool called “Scenes,” which lets users add AR effects and music clips in the background,...
Flipkart confirms Realme 5s launching soon in India
Just when you thought Realme is done with launching phones this year, the company launched Realme X2 Pro in the...