Ah! Android & its beauty. What differentiates Android from all other mobile operating systems is surely the freedom to customize it the way the user wants.(On your face, iOS!) Launchers are like the building blocks of every Android customization. You cannot expect and in fact cannot do the things with the stock Android launcher that you can do with custom launchers.
When it comes to Android launchers, there are two famous names – Nova Launcher and the Action launcher. We all know Nova Launcher is the king of Android launcher, but still, a lot of users also prefer the Action Launcher which provided almost the same features as the Nova Launcher.
The launcher has got its one of the biggest update so far that adds almost every Android O feature in it like App Shortcuts, Notification Dots, Quick Theme, Google Feed Integration and more.
ACTION LAUNCHER V26 – WHAT’S NEW?
So talking about the new featured that are added, here is the latest changelog for the version 26 –
- NEW: Google Now integration for all! Requires installation of the Action Launcher Google Plugin application.
- NEW: Full Notification Dots support!
- NEW: Long-pressing a shortcut will display a preview of app’s notifications and allow notifications to be dismissed ala Android O. Available when using either Notification Dots or Unread Count.
- NEW: Unread Count support extended to all apps that have a current notification.
- NEW: Android O style App Shortcuts panel.
- NEW: Allow granular control as to which apps display Notification Dots/Unread Count.
- NEW: Android O style widget picker, which displays all relevant widgets for a given shortcut.
- NEW: Directly engage Action Launcher’s Quickedit panel via a shortcut’s long-press pop-up UI.
- NEW: Dedicated “Icons & App Shortcuts” settings page, which is home to all icon related settings.
- NEW: When Google Pill widget is on the left screen edge and Google Now integration is enabled, display a tinted edge background as per Pixel Launcher.
- NEW: Option to adjust the scale of icon indicators.
- NEW: Revamped interface for selecting the apps that are hidden from app drawers.
If you know how to enable the Google Feed in Nova Launcher, then the process is same for Action Launcher. You have to install an extra apk file which is just 0.14MB in size. Download and Install this and you will now get the Google Feed in Action launcher by swiping from left on the homescreen, just like on Google Now Launcher or the Pixel Launcher.
BUT HEY! ITS ALL NOT FREE…
Well, unfortunately, you have to upgrade to Plus version to get all the features like Notification Dots, Quicktheme (wallpaper mode), Unread Badges, Smartsize icons, etc. But other features are available in the free version.
So, what are your views on this Action Launcher’s new update? Do let us know via the comments section.
Like DroidHolic on Facebook
Huawei Mate 20 has a triple camera setup and a waterdrop notch
In October, Huawei is launching the Mate 20 series & we already know that the 7nm Kirin 980 processor will...
Oppo R17 – World’s first phone featuring Snapdragon 670 & Gorilla Glass 6
Oppo and Vivo are probably the only companies that have showcased some futuristic phones this year like the Oppo Find...
Motorola One shows up on TENAA with an HD+ display & 3,000mAh battery
Motorola recently launched the Moto Z3 and Motorola P30 in China, but we still don’t know when the Motorola One...
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 pricing for India leaks, 6GB + 128GB for Rs 25,000!
Xiaomi, on August 22, will launch its first smartphone under the new sub-brand ‘Poco’ and the device is going to...
List of phones getting Android Pie Update (Android 9)
Google announced Android Pie on August 6, and as expected, the Google Pixel devices were the first to get updated...
Huawei confirms the Mate 20 series will feature 7nm Kirin 980 chipset
Huawei was the first to launch a mobile chipset with an integrated Neural Network Processing Unit when the company announced...
Realme 2 with a notch & fingerprint scanner shows up on official site
At the end of July, Realme announced that it is now a standalone brand. Also, Oppo’s Vice President (Sky Li)...