Ah! Android & its beauty. What differentiates Android from all other mobile operating systems is surely the freedom to customize it the way the user wants.(On your face, iOS!) Launchers are like the building blocks of every Android customization. You cannot expect and in fact cannot do the things with the stock Android launcher that you can do with custom launchers.
When it comes to Android launchers, there are two famous names – Nova Launcher and the Action launcher. We all know Nova Launcher is the king of Android launcher, but still, a lot of users also prefer the Action Launcher which provided almost the same features as the Nova Launcher.
The launcher has got its one of the biggest update so far that adds almost every Android O feature in it like App Shortcuts, Notification Dots, Quick Theme, Google Feed Integration and more.
ACTION LAUNCHER V26 – WHAT’S NEW?
So talking about the new featured that are added, here is the latest changelog for the version 26 –
- NEW: Google Now integration for all! Requires installation of the Action Launcher Google Plugin application.
- NEW: Full Notification Dots support!
- NEW: Long-pressing a shortcut will display a preview of app’s notifications and allow notifications to be dismissed ala Android O. Available when using either Notification Dots or Unread Count.
- NEW: Unread Count support extended to all apps that have a current notification.
- NEW: Android O style App Shortcuts panel.
- NEW: Allow granular control as to which apps display Notification Dots/Unread Count.
- NEW: Android O style widget picker, which displays all relevant widgets for a given shortcut.
- NEW: Directly engage Action Launcher’s Quickedit panel via a shortcut’s long-press pop-up UI.
- NEW: Dedicated “Icons & App Shortcuts” settings page, which is home to all icon related settings.
- NEW: When Google Pill widget is on the left screen edge and Google Now integration is enabled, display a tinted edge background as per Pixel Launcher.
- NEW: Option to adjust the scale of icon indicators.
- NEW: Revamped interface for selecting the apps that are hidden from app drawers.
If you know how to enable the Google Feed in Nova Launcher, then the process is same for Action Launcher. You have to install an extra apk file which is just 0.14MB in size. Download and Install this and you will now get the Google Feed in Action launcher by swiping from left on the homescreen, just like on Google Now Launcher or the Pixel Launcher.
BUT HEY! ITS ALL NOT FREE…
Well, unfortunately, you have to upgrade to Plus version to get all the features like Notification Dots, Quicktheme (wallpaper mode), Unread Badges, Smartsize icons, etc. But other features are available in the free version.
So, what are your views on this Action Launcher’s new update? Do let us know via the comments section.
Xiaomi Mi 9 might support 20W Fast Wireless charging, or maybe not!
Three days are now left for the launch of Xiaomi Mi 9 in China, and we are getting new details...
Samsung Galaxy M30 official teaser is out, launching on February 27
Finally, after a lot of leaks and rumors, Samsung has given us the first look at the upcoming Galaxy M30 which...
Xiaomi Mi 9 price to start at 2,499 Yuan, some more details revealed
UPDATE 16/02/2019 – THE PRICING FOR ALL THE MI 9 VARIANTS IS HERE!! (VIA) So, the Xiaomi Mi 9 will launch...
Lei Jun reveals the Xiaomi Mi 9 camera specs on Weibo
Xiaomi Mi 9 is going to be a huge upgrade from last year’s Mi 8 as there are some significant...
[OFFICIAL] List of Xiaomi Phones getting MIUI 11 Update
When it comes to the custom Android skins, MIUI is one of the most popular out there that is not...
No Oppo R19 this year, confirms Brian Shen, OPPO Global Vice President
Oppo F11 Pro is soon going to launch with a pop-up selfie camera, a triple rear camera setup and a...
Samsung Galaxy S10+ with 12GB RAM shows up on AnTuTu benchmark
Almost everything about the Galaxy S10 Lineup is already out, and if you are following the leaks, then you know...