Ah! Android & its beauty. What differentiates Android from all other mobile operating systems is surely the freedom to customize it the way the user wants.(On your face, iOS!) Launchers are like the building blocks of every Android customization. You cannot expect and in fact cannot do the things with the stock Android launcher that you can do with custom launchers.
When it comes to Android launchers, there are two famous names – Nova Launcher and the Action launcher. We all know Nova Launcher is the king of Android launcher, but still, a lot of users also prefer the Action Launcher which provided almost the same features as the Nova Launcher.
The launcher has got its one of the biggest update so far that adds almost every Android O feature in it like App Shortcuts, Notification Dots, Quick Theme, Google Feed Integration and more.
ACTION LAUNCHER V26 – WHAT’S NEW?
So talking about the new featured that are added, here is the latest changelog for the version 26 –
- NEW: Google Now integration for all! Requires installation of the Action Launcher Google Plugin application.
- NEW: Full Notification Dots support!
- NEW: Long-pressing a shortcut will display a preview of app’s notifications and allow notifications to be dismissed ala Android O. Available when using either Notification Dots or Unread Count.
- NEW: Unread Count support extended to all apps that have a current notification.
- NEW: Android O style App Shortcuts panel.
- NEW: Allow granular control as to which apps display Notification Dots/Unread Count.
- NEW: Android O style widget picker, which displays all relevant widgets for a given shortcut.
- NEW: Directly engage Action Launcher’s Quickedit panel via a shortcut’s long-press pop-up UI.
- NEW: Dedicated “Icons & App Shortcuts” settings page, which is home to all icon related settings.
- NEW: When Google Pill widget is on the left screen edge and Google Now integration is enabled, display a tinted edge background as per Pixel Launcher.
- NEW: Option to adjust the scale of icon indicators.
- NEW: Revamped interface for selecting the apps that are hidden from app drawers.
If you know how to enable the Google Feed in Nova Launcher, then the process is same for Action Launcher. You have to install an extra apk file which is just 0.14MB in size. Download and Install this and you will now get the Google Feed in Action launcher by swiping from left on the homescreen, just like on Google Now Launcher or the Pixel Launcher.
BUT HEY! ITS ALL NOT FREE…
Well, unfortunately, you have to upgrade to Plus version to get all the features like Notification Dots, Quicktheme (wallpaper mode), Unread Badges, Smartsize icons, etc. But other features are available in the free version.
So, what are your views on this Action Launcher’s new update? Do let us know via the comments section.
Like DroidHolic on Facebook
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro will launch in India in these variants
A couple of weeks back, Xiaomi announced the Redmi Note 6 Pro in Thailand with some minor upgrades from the...
Lenovo S5 Pro visits TENAA and Geekbench, design & specs revealed
On October 18, the Lenovo S5 Pro will be launched in China as an upgraded version of the Lenovo S5...
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 with RGB Lighting shows up in hands-on video
With the Global website of Xiaomi backed Black Shark going live, we are now sure that the company will soon...
Huawei Mate 20 Pro – Here’s (almost) Everything you need to know
It’s October, and as always, we are going to see new phones launching almost every day. We have already seen...
Samsung Galaxy A9 launched – World’s first Quad Camera phone
Huawei surprised everyone by launching a phone having not one or two, but three cameras on the back. The Huawei...
Nokia 3.1 Plus launched in India with Helio P22 & dual cameras
At an event in India today, Nokia launched its new budget smartphone, the Nokia 3.1 Plus. The Nokia 7.1 Plus...
Nokia 3.1 Plus to have 18:9 screen, dual cameras & 3,500mAh battery
Nokia has finally understood that to stay in the smartphone market, it has to cut down its profit a bit...