A couple of months back, we got to know via some users that Google had started rolling out a new update for the Google Assistant that lets them access the Assistant by saying ‘Hey Google’ instead of ‘Ok Google.’ Now, this feature has been made available for everyone but to enable the Assistant by saying this new phrase, you have to go through some settings of the Assistant. In this article, we will be showing you how to access Google Assistant just by saying ‘Hey Google’ instead of ‘Ok Google.’
ACCESS GOOGLE ASSISTANT BY SAYING ‘HEY GOOGLE’
Here are the steps that you need to follow –
- First, update your ‘Google’ App by downloading and installing the latest APK file from APKMirror. Find the suitable APK file for your phone and once downloaded, install it.
- Once installed, open Google Assistant by long pressing the home button and then, tap on the blue button on the top left of the Assistant window. Here, tap on the three dots option and select ‘Settings.’
- Now, scroll down to the ‘Devices’ tab and then tap on ‘Phone’ option.
- Here, tap on ‘Voice Model’ and then select ‘Retrain Voice Model’ option.
- You will now get the screen where you can setup ‘Ok Google’ as well as the ‘Hey Google’ voice command for accessing Google Assistant.
That’s it. Just follow these few steps, and now, you can access Google Assistant by just saying ‘Hey Google’ which is surely better than saying ‘OK Google.’ If you are getting any problems, drop down a comment below, and we will surely help you out.
Like DroidHolic on Facebook
List of phones getting Android Pie Update (Android 9)
Google announced Android Pie on August 6, and as expected, the Google Pixel devices were the first to get updated...
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 with Snapdragon 845 benchmarked on Geekbench
On August 22, Xiaomi will launch its first smartphone under the new sub-brand ‘Poco’, and this is going to be...
Oppo teases dual aperture camera on the Oppo R17 Pro
Oppo recently announced the R17 and it is the world’s first smartphone to feature the all-new Snapdragon 670 processor and...
Oppo R17 – World’s first phone featuring Snapdragon 670 & Gorilla Glass 6
Oppo and Vivo are probably the only companies that have showcased some futuristic phones this year like the Oppo Find...
These HTC phones are getting the official Android Pie Update
Android Pie is already official, and we are now getting details of which phones will get the sweet slices of...
Xiaomi’s Poco F1 is launching in India on August 22
After capturing the budget smartphone market in India, Xiaomi is now looking for the flagship segment. We have not seen...
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 unboxing & hands-on video pops up on YouTube
Recently, Xiaomi announced its sub-brand ‘POCO’ which confirmed the rumors related to the Pocophone F1, a flagship smartphone that is...