A couple of months back, we got to know via some users that Google had started rolling out a new update for the Google Assistant that lets them access the Assistant by saying ‘Hey Google’ instead of ‘Ok Google.’ Now, this feature has been made available for everyone but to enable the Assistant by saying this new phrase, you have to go through some settings of the Assistant. In this article, we will be showing you how to access Google Assistant just by saying ‘Hey Google’ instead of ‘Ok Google.’
ACCESS GOOGLE ASSISTANT BY SAYING ‘HEY GOOGLE’
Here are the steps that you need to follow –
- First, update your ‘Google’ App by downloading and installing the latest APK file from APKMirror. Find the suitable APK file for your phone and once downloaded, install it.
- Once installed, open Google Assistant by long pressing the home button and then, tap on the blue button on the top left of the Assistant window. Here, tap on the three dots option and select ‘Settings.’
- Now, scroll down to the ‘Devices’ tab and then tap on ‘Phone’ option.
- Here, tap on ‘Voice Model’ and then select ‘Retrain Voice Model’ option.
- You will now get the screen where you can setup ‘Ok Google’ as well as the ‘Hey Google’ voice command for accessing Google Assistant.
That’s it. Just follow these few steps, and now, you can access Google Assistant by just saying ‘Hey Google’ which is surely better than saying ‘OK Google.’ If you are getting any problems, drop down a comment below, and we will surely help you out.
Like DroidHolic on Facebook
Nokia 8.1 launched in India with Snapdragon 710 & premium design
A few days back, Nokia 8.1 was launched in Dubai as a renamed Nokia X7 and today, the phone launched...
Samsung Galaxy A8s launched with Infinity-O display & triple rear cameras
Finally, we have the very first smartphone with a display hole for the front-facing camera. No, it is not a...
Honor View 20 has an in-display selfie camera & a 48MP rear shooter
The launch of Samsung Galaxy A8s is happening in China today which is the first smartphone with a display hole...
Here are the Google Pixel 3 Lite & Google Pixel 3 Lite XL CAD Renders
Google is all set to jump into the mid-range smartphone market by launching two mid-range Pixel phones. We are already...
Huawei Nova 4 teaser reveals the design of phone yet again
Forget the notches as it’s time for display holes. We already know that on December 10, the Samsung Galaxy A8s...
OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition press images leaked, Warp Charge confirmed
On December 11, the OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition will be launched, and this isn’t going to be any different than...
Samsung Galaxy A8s shows up on TENAA with rear-facing fingerprint reader
On December 10, Samsung is launching the Galaxy A8s in China and in case you don’t know, it will be...